• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

August 09, 2022, 08:10:00 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 8TH AUGUST 2022

Started by Mike Whitaker, July 25, 2022, 07:02:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

July 25, 2022, 07:02:37 pm Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:33:13 am by Mike Whitaker
Games:
DEAD MANS HAND: Carl, Blair, Reuben
BGME: Michael, Simon
KILL TEAM: Jim, Lewis
EXPLOIT ZERO (turn up and play): Colin, TomB, DanC, Chris
DBA: Grahame, Tony
IMPERIAL ASSAULT: RobF, MikeW, Adie, AndyM +1
REALM OF CHAOS: AndyMac, Pete
BOLT ACTION: MartinK + guest
40K: LukeJ, Ryan

IMPORTANT: the observant will note that's already eight nine eight tables, and we can fit in eleven without advance warning. If you want to arrange to play something else, please don't expect to turn up on the day and be assured of a table: BOOK NOW to avoid disappointment.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

colinabrett

Any interest for Exploit Zero this week?

I'd like to do something we've not done so far and that's a mission inside a corporate building. I'll probably use the old (aka legendary) Space Crusade floor plans, with additional bits from other sets. (I'm working on resizing a lot of the floor plan scans I have so they all mesh together; Space Crusade uses 25mm squares, while the original Judge Dredd maps used 23mm squares, Space Hulk uses 30mm. With a little bit of ImageMagick, I can get them to roughly the right size.)

Please let me know through this thread.

DanC

Quote from: colinabrett on July 26, 2022, 07:25:05 pmAny interest for Exploit Zero this week?

I'd like to do something we've not done so far and that's a mission inside a corporate building. I'll probably use the old (aka legendary) Space Crusade floor plans, with additional bits from other sets. (I'm working on resizing a lot of the floor plan scans I have so they all mesh together; Space Crusade uses 25mm squares, while the original Judge Dredd maps used 23mm squares, Space Hulk uses 30mm. With a little bit of ImageMagick, I can get them to roughly the right size.)

Please let me know through this thread.
I am interested in joining 👍
Bolt action (soviets & canadians) / Spectre operations / Exploit zero/ Stargrave / Dead man's hand /

Chris Davies

Martin S-C

If anyone is interested in:

1) 18th C 15mm imagi-nations
2) Napoleonic 15mm (rules playtest)
3) 20mm plastics 18th C Charles Grant old-school shenanigans
4) 20mm plastics WWII Charles Grant "Battle!" rules imagi-nations...

I can bring along armies, terrain and rules.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Chris Davies

DanR

Completely forgot that have a family party to attend next week so going to have to drop out.

martink0646

Hi All,

Apologies, but not been for a long time now due to a protracted illness, lockdown & now WFH which means I am not near Peterborough on Mondays.

However, I would like to reserve a table for a game of Bolt Action (surprise, surprise) on Monday & bring a potential new member? Would that be OK?

I haven't been to the new venue yet (showing how long it's been) but I'm sure I'll find it no problem. Is there anything I need to know coming to the first time? Any particular things I need to do, the parking situation etc.?

Thank you.

MartinK
28mm: Ready for Action - Home Guard, Brit Recon Force, US Army, US Marines, Battling Bastards of Bataan, early war French. 
28mm: In Build - 'The Eagle Has Landed' list, Brit Commandos, Captain America & the Howling Commandos
28mm: Wish List - Hungarian/Romanian army
Cruel Seas: British & German starter forces.
Wish List: Star Wars Legion box set

Daniel Phillips

Quote from: martink0646 on August 03, 2022, 06:52:46 pmHi All,

Apologies, but not been for a long time now due to a protracted illness, lockdown & now WFH which means I am not near Peterborough on Mondays.

However, I would like to reserve a table for a game of Bolt Action (surprise, surprise) on Monday & bring a potential new member? Would that be OK?

I haven't been to the new venue yet (showing how long it's been) but I'm sure I'll find it no problem. Is there anything I need to know coming to the first time? Any particular things I need to do, the parking situation etc.?

Thank you.

MartinK

Hi Martin,

No apologies necessary, be good have you back.

That's fine.

The venue is great - plenty of parking, much better storage and they have a bar. We're now open from 7 and the weekly meeting is still at 8.

Parking is free. Depending on which direction you are coming from you may need to drive past and turn around at the roundabout (you can't turn right into the venue).

Daniel.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.<br />Current games & armies played- 40K 2nd Edition: Eldar, Chaos, Orks, Imperial Guard, Space Marines. Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

martink0646

Hi Daniel,

Thank you. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday  :grin:

MartinK
28mm: Ready for Action - Home Guard, Brit Recon Force, US Army, US Marines, Battling Bastards of Bataan, early war French. 
28mm: In Build - 'The Eagle Has Landed' list, Brit Commandos, Captain America & the Howling Commandos
28mm: Wish List - Hungarian/Romanian army
Cruel Seas: British & German starter forces.
Wish List: Star Wars Legion box set

colinabrett

Quote from: martink0646 on August 03, 2022, 06:52:46 pmHi All,

Thank you.

MartinK

Hi Martin,

I missed your post earlier and Dan jumped in. I heartily agree with everything he said above.

If you need specific directions, please look on Facebook and search for The George Alcock Centre in Stanground.

Most of the Club's scenery and boards are stored at the Centre (I believe there may be some specific items at Mike's) and it's all on wheeled trolleys, which make it easy to move. We're all on one level, too, so we don't have problems with stairs and lugging stuff around.

When you arrive, you'll probably need to come in through the side entrance (easily accessible from the car park) and you'll be right in the main hall. Just ask for me or another Committee member and we'll give you a quick guided tour. Then you can get rolling those dice!

Regards,
Colin

Mike Whitaker

Hi and welcome back, Martin. Look forward to seeing you on Monday!
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Andy Miller

Tom is unavailable this coming week so can we cancel the table. We'll re-schedule for 15th, but I'll book a table on the 8th at the meeting for the following week.
In the meantime can I squeeze in on Imperial assault?
Andy
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

Rob Farley

Quote from: Andy Miller on August 04, 2022, 05:37:11 pmTom is unavailable this coming week so can we cancel the table. We'll re-schedule for 15th, but I'll book a table on the 8th at the meeting for the following week.
In the meantime can I squeeze in on Imperial assault?
Andy
Absolutely. Still room for one more.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Chris Davies

Quote from: Chris Davies on July 27, 2022, 10:42:07 amAny figures  needed?

I have 7 people with stabby/shooty things if it helps.