• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

August 09, 2022, 08:15:51 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

WotR Campaign House Rules

Started by Carl Fisher, March 27, 2022, 11:56:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fisher

Here is the latest version of the House Rules file, including revisions to date.

Please use this thread for queries etc. 

This document will be kept upto date.

27/03/2022 v 1.1
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Miller

Point of interest -
I'm sure I've seen this happen in a game I watched, even guilty of it myself in a practise game, but there are no "Follow up" rules in Lion Rampant. So after a wild charge the attack is resolved and ends. It covers it on p24. There is no mention of follow ups, compulsory or otherwise, in any part of the Wild charge rules. I don't know whether this has bled over from Pikeman's Lament, or  was intended for "House rules". Carl, are you happy with the rules as written or are we including follow ups.
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Andy Miller on July 31, 2022, 12:01:41 pmPoint of interest -
I'm sure I've seen this happen in a game I watched, even guilty of it myself in a practise game, but there are no "Follow up" rules in Lion Rampant. So after a wild charge the attack is resolved and ends. It covers it on p24. There is no mention of follow ups, compulsory or otherwise, in any part of the Wild charge rules. I don't know whether this has bled over from Pikeman's Lament, or  was intended for "House rules". Carl, are you happy with the rules as written or are we including follow ups.
You are correct in all points. There is no House Rule change for this. Wild Charge is played as per the Book.

Must admit I have not spotted anyone doing it so far, but then most armies have not fielded Mtd M@A.

Thanks for highlighting it.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!