• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2022, 09:25:44 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

40K Apocalypse - All day game

Started by Daniel Phillips, April 25, 2022, 08:55:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Phillips

I'm thinking of running another club Apocalypse game. IIRC our record is 14 players with a total of 72000 points on the table!

If we do this it will probably be late this year. The main question is what edition rules do we use.

Who is interested in playing?

What versions can you play?

What version would you prefer to play?

Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.<br />Current games & armies played- 40K 2nd Edition: Eldar, Chaos, Orks, Imperial Guard, Space Marines. Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Reuben Turner

Interested but as you're probably aware I only (sort of) know 2nd Ed.

DanR

Could be interested but don't know any of the rulesets. Provided there's enough notice, and someone can lend me a ruleset, I can print up a Tyranid army using proxy models.

Grahame

I suggest we use the version we used for the last spot game. I'm in either space wolves or neurons
Grahame

Daniel Phillips

What we played before was 5th and then 6th edition. Of the two 5th edition was probably the better one for Apocalypse (less random charts). The differences in how they are played are very minor.

In any case I'll run some small games well ahead of the Apocalypse game so people can learn (or re-learn) the rules.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.<br />Current games & armies played- 40K 2nd Edition: Eldar, Chaos, Orks, Imperial Guard, Space Marines. Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.