• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2022, 08:37:16 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Salute - April 22 2023

Started by Mike Whitaker, May 25, 2022, 07:58:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

Just been pinged by Philip Andrews from Salute, who has reminded us it's April 22 next year.

QuoteAs some of you like to know early, the theme is 'Salute 50', aka '50 years of Salute and gaming', so a bit of retro in any game you put on would be cool (a suggestion not a requirement!  Flairs and that skinny tshirt you used to fit into not essential...)

I'll be encouraging some of you to bring back your greatest hit(s)  - you know who you are :) 

Given it's a Salute award winner, I have dropped a note back and suggested that we could bring back the Dambusters Challenge, especially since it is the 80th anniversary of Operation Chastise in 2023 (so we're probably going to need to tart it up and take it round the shows anyway).
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.