• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2022, 08:18:44 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

WotR Campaign - Your Lists

Started by Carl Fisher, April 28, 2022, 10:43:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fisher

April 28, 2022, 10:43:13 am Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 10:44:54 am by Carl Fisher
Can you send me a copy of your individual 42pt  Retinue Lists.

Need them by 09/05/2022.
Please either PM, or email a copy.

Please use the points and description as per the Retinue Lists please also let me know which list you are using.

Many thanks

For example my list (if I were playing) would be:

Jasper Tudor - Lancastrian

Household Retinue

Retinue Men-at-Arms    @6pts
Retinue Billmen     @6pts
Retinue Billmen     @6pts
Retinue Longbowmen - Expert @6pts
Retinue Longbowmen - Expert @6pts
Retinue Longbowmen  @4pts
Retinue Hobilars @4pts
Retinue Hobilars @4pts

Total 42pts.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Tom G

Carl, considering that Marge is awaiting mercenaries from scotland I am still toying with the idea of playing a scottish retinue for some additional campaign variety rather than scottish mercenaries.

Would this cause an issue for you or can I let you know by the 9th when I submit a list?

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Tom G on April 29, 2022, 01:19:06 pmCarl, considering that Marge is awaiting mercenaries from scotland I am still toying with the idea of playing a scottish retinue for some additional campaign variety rather than scottish mercenaries.

Would this cause an issue for you or can I let you know by the 9th when I submit a list?
That will be fine.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Mike Whitaker

per various lists: "may be deployed as 2 x Biddowers @2pts each on a game by game basis".

I assume it'd be ok to do that and then just use one unit @ 2pts to make up a full 30 points?
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on April 29, 2022, 01:34:52 pmper various lists: "may be deployed as 2 x Biddowers @2pts each on a game by game basis".

I assume it'd be ok to do that and then just use one unit @ 2pts to make up a full 30 points?
That is correct.

Example:

42 Point List
Longbowmen @4pts

30pt List Options:
Longbowmen @4pts

Or 

1x Biddowers @2pts

Or
2x Biddowers @2pts Each.

Tom G

Quote from: Carl Fisher on April 29, 2022, 01:25:10 pmThat will be fine.

Thanks.

Secondly does anyone know of a contemporary Scottish lord that I could look up and base a retinue around?

Rob Brady

Carl
      Can you confirm the E-mail address to sent the list to please.
                                          Rob

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Rob Brady on April 29, 2022, 02:44:59 pmCarl
      Can you confirm the E-mail address to sent the list to please.
                                          Rob
carl.fisher@piscatores.org.uk

Same as on my profile.

Carl Fisher

April 29, 2022, 03:32:51 pm #8 Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 03:37:11 pm by Carl Fisher
Quote from: Tom G on April 29, 2022, 02:00:53 pm
Quote from: Carl Fisher on April 29, 2022, 01:25:10 pmThat will be fine.

Thanks.

Secondly does anyone know of a contemporary Scottish lord that I could look up and base a retinue around?
Try Patrick Hepburn 1st Lord Hailes.

He was Sheriff of Berwickshire and Warden of Brewick Castle during the mid 1400's.

Or David Lindsay 1st Duke of Montrose.

Tom G

Quote from: Carl Fisher on April 29, 2022, 03:32:51 pmTry Patrick Hepburn 1st Lord Hailes.

He was Sheriff of Berwickshire and Warden of Brewick Castle during the mid 1400's.

Or David Lindsay 1st Duke of Montrose.

Will do thanks. I may need to borrow Andrew's name tag for the latter.

Andrew Riley

Sorry, name tag was ceremonially burned along with the white activation dice.
Red dice for the house of Lancaster will now be used.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Andrew Riley on May 01, 2022, 05:59:15 pmSorry, name tag was ceremonially burned along with the white activation dice.
Red dice for the house of Lancaster will now be used.
Did you show the rest of your dice the melted mess, as a warning? They were rubbish dice!

Carl Fisher

May 05, 2022, 11:28:38 am #12 Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 09:09:46 am by Carl Fisher
I now have lists from

Grahame
Rob B
Andy Mellor
Mike
Andrew
Rob F
Tony
Tom
Andy Mac
Andy Miller!

Complete

tony

I'll give you my List on  Monday after my game with Tom see it kind off works

Carl Fisher

Quote from: tony on May 07, 2022, 10:33:43 amI'll give you my List on  Monday after my game with Tom see it kind off works
Fine. Prefer it electronically - email or pm, not paper please.