• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2022, 04:42:52 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 20TH DECEMBER 2021

Started by colinabrett, December 09, 2021, 01:10:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pippa Peile

Ash and I will be there for wings of glory! I assume there will be enough planes but shout if you want us to bring any, we have a modest amount.
Re covid and mask wearing. I am working on the principal we are all intelligent adults. Wear a mask if able and don't if not. If we are eating pizza we won't be wearing them much on 20th anyway. Current govt advice seems to be ventilation is key so personally I'll be happier with doors open even if its cold. And would hope people stay away if feeling unwell and take a test if in doubt. Who knew we'd get so used to sticking swabs up our noses!

Daniel Phillips

I will not be there on Monday. Both my kids have tested positive for covid (they're ok, minor symptoms only) and while I am fully vaccinated I'm isolating anyway as I'd rather not take any chances of spreading it about.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.<br />Current games & armies played- 40K 2nd Edition: Eldar, Chaos, Orks, Imperial Guard, Space Marines. Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Chris Davies

Very sensible Dan! Best wishes to all your family.

colinabrett

Quote from: Daniel Phillips on December 17, 2021, 01:24:23 pmI will not be there on Monday. Both my kids have tested positive for covid (they're ok, minor symptoms only) and while I am fully vaccinated I'm isolating anyway as I'd rather not take any chances of spreading it about.

I hope your kids get well soon.

Mike Whitaker

December 19, 2021, 01:20:26 am #19 Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 01:23:31 am by Mike Whitaker
Just to confirm: Monday is on subject to no changes in govt regs or guidance before then: we would request that people wear masks whenever possible, and if you can take a LFT beforehand, it would be appreciated - obviously if you fail the test or display symptoms, we'd ask you not to attend.

Also please remember to bring cash to pay Andy for pizza :D
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Tom G

Could I join in with Wings please?

Mike Whitaker

December 20, 2021, 10:41:28 am #21 Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 02:37:57 pm by Mike Whitaker
Quote from: Tom G on December 20, 2021, 10:37:15 amCould I join in with Wings please?

Yup. But weren't you playing something with Tony?

Mike, waiting on his LFT as we speak...
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Pippa Peile

We are still coming but have decided to play something other than wings of glory to better allow distancing. Please also inform Mrs Claus we have both been good this year 😊

Tom G

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on December 20, 2021, 10:41:28 am
Quote from: Tom G on December 20, 2021, 10:37:15 amCould I join in with Wings please?

Yup. But weren't you playing something with Tony?

Mike, waiting on his LFT as we speak...

Sorry,

I was but game has been cancelled.

Adrian_Barnes

If it helps I will be bringing some other games also and see what I feel like.

tony

Papa Luigi's near football ground not Papa John's, away I'm stuck in London so can't make it.

Have a good Christmas all

Martin S-C

Quote from: tony on December 20, 2021, 06:10:35 pmPapa Luigi's near football ground not Papa John's.

Aha, thanks for clarifying that!

Quote from: tony on December 20, 2021, 06:10:35 pmHave a good Christmas all

And the same to you Tony. All the best for 2022 as well.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Andrew Riley

How did the games go ? Any battle reports ? Pizza postmortems ?

Myk

ABBA made an appearance at the North end of the table! Lots of in fact, with Mikes 'B' damage-issuing-2-seater-thingy against some agile though 'A' damage-armed-snipes! Poor old Tom was beginning to think he was in a late 70's record shop!

Tom G

Quote from: Myk on December 23, 2021, 03:56:35 pmABBA made an appearance at the North end of the table! Lots of in fact, with Mikes 'B' damage-issuing-2-seater-thingy against some agile though 'A' damage-armed-snipes! Poor old Tom was beginning to think he was in a late 70's record shop!

There was quite a lot of Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! but everyone was a Super Trouper and I didn't mind.