• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

November 27, 2021, 05:46:42 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Open Multi-Genre Tabletop Games Day - Nov 6th

Started by SandyWardrop, October 18, 2021, 03:05:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SandyWardrop

Hi all,

A post on the forum - as promised!

On Saturday 6th November (10am - 5pm) in Peterborough City Centre I'm putting on a small free tabletop gaming event as part of creating a short poetry film commission. I'd love to invite you to book a free space and attend.

The event will have 3-4 tables across roleplaying, war, card and board games for people to try something new or share with others, plus an open 'pick up and play' table. All experience levels welcome.

I'm especially looking for people who might like to:

• take part in a demo game 
  • volunteer to run a demo/participation game for mixed experience levels (especially card or board games - we have a good selection of war games now)
  • 'pick up and play' table on the day (feel free to borrow from 'the pile' or bring your own to share).

My objective with the event is to gather some stories and filmed material to be used in a poetry film for the local Syntax Poetry Festival (who are moving to more of a year-round model than just a one off).

The theme of the project is 'Rituals' - especially things we do repeatedly or in a particular way and attach significance to. I've chosen to highlight gaming as a ritual in and of itself but I'm also interested in any tidbits members may have to share about personal rituals they perform when gaming (i.e. idiosyncratic ways of rolling dice, shuffling cards, laying out minis etc). I'll put up a separate post soliciting these in the general board too.

Sign up for a free space at this link (only 30 available - first come first served)

Any questions, (or interesting 'ritual' stories) feel free to drop me an e-mail at sandywritesthings@gmail.com

Ta,

Sandy

Chris Davies

The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.

Grahame

October 20, 2021, 10:25:58 am #2 Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 03:06:59 pm by Grahame
The event is inside . The venue is in the cottage off St Peters Road - behind the Town Hall -  and the nearest parking is the Car Haven. Do sign up so Sandy knows you are coming.
Grahame

Andy Miller

Sandy/ all,
"What a tanker" between 3pm and 5pm is fine with me.
Is there anyone who wants a game or wants to help out? I'm doing a 15mm mini tank battle Caen 1944 , British Shermans vs what ever Panzer Lehr can throw together.
Andy
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

Grahame

I'll help - my game finished at noon so happy to help with others in the afternoon.
Grahame

Chris Davies

The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.

Andy Miller

I think you need to book to play another game, not sure if you have to book to play your own?
Andy
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

Rob Farley

Given the questions this week about parking I thought I'd check. Car Haven (the closest option) is limited to 3 hours (£4.50), so if you're interested in more than one game you'll need to park elsewhere. Riverside (behind the law courts) Or Bishops Road seem like the best options, 10 hours for £6.50.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Mike Whitaker

November 05, 2021, 02:01:03 pm #8 Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 12:41:52 am by Mike Whitaker
Is anyone who's running a game able to give me a lift *to* the venue on Sat? Anne's nicking the new car so I can't park on the charge point, and I've tweaked my knee so would prefer not to walk from further away... will catch bus
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.