• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

November 27, 2021, 04:54:50 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

1645 Pikeman's Lament

Started by Grahame, March 04, 2020, 03:48:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grahame

November 1645 - both sides got 2 wins and a draw. King 14 vs Parl. 13 - honours even. Running total stands as King 152 vs Parl. 161. The Kings forces did ensure there was beef on the table but overall did suffer more down grading of units as a result of losses in these skirmishes. Both Lord Generals are to be congratulated as they will be promoted before the next round of fighting. The next fight will be in Jan. 1645. Both sides can now settle into winter lodgings and prepare. It is worth noting that the new year didn't start till the end of March in the 17th century [old calendar - there is still a remnant of that today in the concept of the financial year starting in April ] so yes - January will still be in 1645.
Thanks to everyone taking part - I hope you all had fun.
Grahame

Chris Davies

Give us back our eleven days!
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.

Carl Fisher

November 17, 2021, 11:14:01 am #137 Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 02:06:24 pm by Carl Fisher Reason: Correction!
All, one of my commanded shot has deserted the colours. If you spot him in one of your boxes please let me know.

Not sure if he went missing this Monday or on a previous occasion!

I think he should have a red uniform coat, and will be based on a 1p coin, to help identification!

Many thanks.

Scratch that. He was hiding in another box. Pretending to be a Roman Legionary, no idea when or how he got there!!!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Miller

ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

Andy Mellor

Quote from: Carl Fisher on November 17, 2021, 11:14:01 amScratch that. He was hiding in another box. Pretending to be a Roman Legionary, no idea when or how he got there!!!

After Mike's cavalry charge into my command shot on Monday, I can assure you they are not Roman Legionnaires!