• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

November 27, 2021, 06:26:00 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 1ST NOVEMBER 2021

Started by Mike Whitaker, October 17, 2021, 03:54:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

October 17, 2021, 03:54:48 pm Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 02:47:33 pm by Mike Whitaker
Games:

Well, it's Halloween, so Rob might be coming up with some hair-brained idea....

OPEN COMBAT (Participation) - Colin, TomG, Carl, TomB?, Dan?
X-WING - simon, Michael
ARKHAM HORROR - Mike, Adie, Ash, Pippa
BRITANNIA AFLAME - Grahame, AndyM, Rob, Myk, Timothy

Also attending: NathanK, MatthewN
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Daniel Phillips

Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Rob Farley

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on October 17, 2021, 03:54:48 pmWell, it's Halloween, so Rob might be coming up with some hair-brained idea....
I have no idea where this entirely justified reputation has come from.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Martin S-C

Something involving zombies seems appropriate.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Mike Whitaker

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

Zombies are not a problem. It's the "something" that I'm struggling with.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Martin S-C

Well we could always fall back on Dead's Army but that might bore some people who've run it at shows a few times.

If you are around tonight Rob I could discuss with you a fun game we played a few years ago at the Kriegsspiel Society which was called after the anime "High School of the Dead". Each player had a group of students of different abilities and the idea was to escape from a zombie infested college campus.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Myk

I'll throw this one in for consideration...

Taking up the Deads Army theme, plus Pikemans Lament from last night....

What about running Deads Army on one board, and re-spawning continuously any killed onto a second board from 1644 ish, where they then attack a peasant village which is supported by some musketry/pikes from the period, and the zombies/newly killed take any weapons with them that they had?

Just a thought.

Timothy Hanford

Can I join in with the Britannia Aflame game?

Chris Davies

Can my orc warband  join in Open Combat (assuming  windows can now be shut!) 
Chris
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.

colinabrett

Quote from: Chris Davies on October 28, 2021, 12:20:39 pmCan my orc warband  join in Open Combat (assuming  windows can now be shut!) 
Chris

You're welcome to join in, Chris, but you won't need your orcs. The scenario is heroes vs. undead and I have plenty of skeletons, zombies, a suitable necromancer and all the heroes we need.

Colin

colinabrett

Scenery Request for Monday 1st November.

Hi Mike,

May I borrow a couple of the Javis ruins for Monday (and Sandy's game day on the 6th), please? I believe there is a large-ish cemetery, which would be ideal, and also one of the large ruins or two of the smaller ones.

Thanks,
Colin

Chris Davies

I'ii have to cancel; health reasons!
C
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.

Carl Fisher

I will join Collin's participation game please!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Myk

Britannia if space available please,

Myk.