• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

November 28, 2021, 06:14:50 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

A Billion Suns

Started by James Batchelor, March 07, 2021, 11:14:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Farley

I prefer black, the clear bases can be a bit too shiny sometimes. But if you're playing on one of the highly detailed mats you can get these days (full of nebulas, planets etc) then the clear bases would probably be better as they'll show the detail. On the club's boards though, I'd stick with black.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

James Batchelor

I've gone black with mine. Don't have to bother when undercoating then! Spray all, paint all!

Andy Miller

If in doubt, consult pop culture -
Rolling Stones say "Paint it black"
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

James Batchelor

So the shipyard got a little larger!

Andrew Riley

So enjoying the innovation that is erupting from this trail. Great fighters from Wicked and top tips from the fantasists! And our honorable member from Huntingdon rose to the occasion with a fitting epigram.
Well done all !