• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2022, 08:56:36 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Hammerhead - Sat 28th April

Started by Mike Whitaker, February 27, 2018, 04:54:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

February 27, 2018, 04:54:34 pm Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:31:09 pm by Mike Whitaker
OK - there will be two cars going, one of which is mine and one is Dan's.

I'll be leaving around 8am from Werrington. If you come with one of us two you get free admission in return for helping with the Dambusters game.

So far, that's me and Carl; Dan, Rob and a couple of spare seats.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

I've already said I'm prepared to take a chance on Dan's driving. :-\
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Mike Whitaker

Due to local adverse weather the police have closed access to Newark Showground. Therefore Hammerhead has been re-scheduled for 28th April 2018.
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Grahame

Hammerhead has been postponed to April 28th due to adverse weather conditions. All bookings etc will be moved to the new date. Please pass this on to anyone else you think may be going.
Grahame

tony

Grahame

Mike Whitaker

Semi-revised plan - I am, unfortunately (heck, no, I get paid for it!) gigging on the evening of the revised date, so I'm not going to be in a position to be the transport for the game (as my car will be full of musical kit from about lunchtime).

Do we have enough folks free and a big enough car to still take the game?

Grahame

Mike Whitaker

Anyone else up for the show?

I'll be there for the morning, but AndyH and I are gigging in Stamford that evening and I'll need to get home to load up.

Mike Whitaker

Right: who's up for this, bar me, Grahame and Dan?

Rob Farley

Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Pippa Peile

We are now going to the show but morning only so not much use. However if you need anything taking up or help setting up give us a shout.

Adrian_Barnes

Mike Whitaker

A successful day! Thanks to everyone who came and helped.

Andrew Riley

December 11, 2021, 05:03:22 pm #14 Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 05:07:55 pm by Andrew Riley
Congrats to the club being referenced in Miniature Wargames Jan 2022 'Send three and fourpence' by Conrad Kinch on "The referees a @%*$!. The perils & pleasures of umpiring"
Conrad gives some advice on being a referee and umpire, the difference between the two and features several photos from different shows and clubs including wargames celeb Richard Clark and our own Grahame M role modelling as umpire in Dambusters (top right p10).
Miniature Wargames Jan 2022 p10.docx