• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

November 27, 2021, 05:50:35 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 22ND NOVEMBER 2021

Started by Mike Whitaker, November 08, 2021, 06:37:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

November 08, 2021, 06:37:10 pm Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 04:49:25 pm by Mike Whitaker
Games:

CARNEVALE (Participation): Rob, Mike, Myk, AndyM
BOLT ACTION/ROGUE TRADER (Participation): Colin, TomB, Daniel, Grahame.
NEVER MIND THE BILLHOOKS: Carl, TomG
A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE: Ash, Pippa +2
BOLT ACTION: Grahame, matt
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

I think BART was participation as well? Carnevale will be up to 4 players max.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Tom G

Carl do you want to push the points up higher and see what happens (it was a fast game last time) or stick to 100 + command?

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Tom G on November 09, 2021, 08:52:55 pmCarl do you want to push the points up higher and see what happens (it was a fast game last time) or stick to 100 + command?
We could push it to 150 points if you like. Perhaps including command, allowing for extra commanders.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Mike Whitaker

Just to reiterate the reminder that participation games in general require no game knowledge or figures :D :D
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Tom G

Quote from: Carl Fisher on November 10, 2021, 08:40:16 am
Quote from: Tom G on November 09, 2021, 08:52:55 pmCarl do you want to push the points up higher and see what happens (it was a fast game last time) or stick to 100 + command?
We could push it to 150 points if you like. Perhaps including command, allowing for extra commanders.

Ok, let's give 150 a go.

Myk

Carnewotsit for me if I may please...

Be nice to see it in action!

Ta, Myk.

Pippa Peile

If anyone wants to join in with ASOIAF they would be welcome. We can lend armies if needed. (Some are even painted!)

Carl Fisher

Do we need to book scenery anymore, now it is stored at George Alcock?
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Rob Farley

Quote from: Carl Fisher on November 19, 2021, 12:55:49 pmDo we need to book scenery anymore, now it is stored at George Alcock?
We couldn't fit everything in the cupboards, so some of it is still at Mike's. If you're after something specific it's probably worth mentioning it, just to make sure it made the trip.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Rob Farley on November 19, 2021, 01:15:13 pm
Quote from: Carl Fisher on November 19, 2021, 12:55:49 pmDo we need to book scenery anymore, now it is stored at George Alcock?
We couldn't fit everything in the cupboards, so some of it is still at Mike's. If you're after something specific it's probably worth mentioning it, just to make sure it made the trip.
Just basic scenery for NMTBHs!

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Rob Farley on November 19, 2021, 01:15:13 pm
...that and we're swapping some of it in to Really Useful Boxes before we bring it over.

MNewton

Hey, I'm really sorry to do this, but my partner has just tested positive for covid so I won't be able to attend on Monday. If anyone has a space for Graham please pop it in here so he's not left without a game.
Sorry again

Daniel Phillips

Sorry to hear that Matt.

@Grahame - We've got room for one more in BART. It's basically 40k Rogue Trader with the IGO/UGO replaced with Bolt Action's unit activation and a few house rules. Me and Colin are providing all the figures etc.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Grahame

Thanks - I'll give BART a go.
Grahame