• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

November 28, 2021, 06:25:30 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 8TH NOVEMBER 2021

Started by Mike Whitaker, October 25, 2021, 10:23:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

October 25, 2021, 10:23:00 am Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 06:32:10 pm by Mike Whitaker
Games:

RUMBLESLAM - Rob, Colin, TomB, Daniel
WINGS OF WAR - Carl, AndyM, Mike, TomG, Matthew, Myk, Timothy
A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE - Pippa, Ash
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

MNewton

Hi, I'm new to the forums so I apologise if this is in the wrong place.

I was wondering if anyone would be up for playing Bolt Action with a total newby on Monday 8th?

Mike Whitaker

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

Quote from: MNewton on November 02, 2021, 09:34:55 amHi, I'm new to the forums so I apologise if this is in the wrong place.

I was wondering if anyone would be up for playing Bolt Action with a total newby on Monday 8th?

I'm busy this week, but I'd be up for a game next Monday. I may have to remind myself how to play, it's been a while.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

MNewton

Sounds good to me. I've read the rules but haven't played any games yet. I have made the German side of the Band of Brothers box, and can easily have the Americans done by the 15th if need be. Im happy to play which ever will be the most fun for others :)

Carl Fisher

Quote from: MNewton on November 05, 2021, 01:45:57 pmSounds good to me. I've read the rules but haven't played any games yet. I have made the German side of the Band of Brothers box, and can easily have the Americans done by the 15th if need be. Im happy to play which ever will be the most fun for others :)
If you don't have a game for the 8th you can always join the RFC and shoot down some Huns.

There is plenty of space in Wings of Glory/War
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

MNewton

I haven't joined any games yet. Mostly because I don't know the rules to any of them!

I wouldn't want to slow down the games. But I'll happily spectate and try to learn.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: MNewton on November 06, 2021, 09:38:03 amI haven't joined any games yet. Mostly because I don't know the rules to any of them!

I wouldn't want to slow down the games. But I'll happily spectate and try to learn.
Wings of war is a very simple game to play, and great fun. So you are welcome to join us.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

MNewton

As long as you don't mind Carl (and have enough spare pieces) I'd love to. So long as no one fancies Bolt Action. :)

Rob Farley

Quote from: MNewton on November 06, 2021, 01:12:50 pmAs long as you don't mind Carl (and have enough spare pieces) I'd love to. So long as no one fancies Bolt Action. :)
"And have enough spare pieces" he says. Oh dear. :laugh:
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Andy Miller

To translate -
Carl has a small airforce of spare pieces.
I don't honestly think anyone in the club would ever object to you learning a game as you went, we all do, still.
Wings of war is a really easy game to pick up (impossible to master). I once did an event and taught 4 air cadets the game and they were running it for me within the hour.
Andy
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

MNewton

Ah perfect. I'm glad you guys are so cool about newbies. I just don't want to be a burden or ruin the fun for other players. I'll watch some youtube videos so I'm not at a complete loss :)

Tom G

Is there a spare place in any game I could squeeze into?

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Tom G on November 07, 2021, 06:45:13 pmIs there a spare place in any game I could squeeze into?
See comments below on Wings of War!

Tom G

Quote from: Carl Fisher on November 07, 2021, 07:05:14 pm
Quote from: Tom G on November 07, 2021, 06:45:13 pmIs there a spare place in any game I could squeeze into?
See comments below on Wings of War!

Chocks away, what what!