• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2022, 09:47:22 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 24TH JANUARY 2022

Started by Mike Whitaker, December 21, 2021, 07:56:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

December 21, 2021, 07:56:34 am Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 02:47:37 pm by Mike Whitaker
Games (subject to the usual caveats):

PIKEMAN'S LAMENT (campaign): Grahame
RUMBLESLAM: Rob + 3
BOLT ACTION: MNewton, BenG
40K 2ED: Reuben, BenC, Daniel, MarkT.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Andy Miller

I'll be there, "God and the Commonwealth willing"
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

Andrew Riley

Looking forward to the next devious and cunning plan the umpire has.

colinabrett

Grahame,

Could you give me an estimate of table numbers and any layout preferences you have for PL, please?

Thanks.

MNewton

My friend will be coming along to this meet. We're going to have a 1v1 Bolt Action match so he can get a feel for the club without worrying about interacting or playing with you scary lot 😁

Would I be able to borrow scenery and a couple of boards for this?

Thanks
Matt

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: MNewton on January 08, 2022, 10:57:09 pmMy friend will be coming along to this meet. We're going to have a 1v1 Bolt Action match so he can get a feel for the club without worrying about interacting or playing with you scary lot 😁

Would I be able to borrow scenery and a couple of boards for this?

Absolutely you can - that's why we have club scenery, and I very much doubt the ECW types will be wanting Normandy villages and bocage :D
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Andy Mellor

[/quote]

Absolutely you can - that's why we have club scenery, and I very much doubt the ECW types will be wanting Normandy villages and bocage :D
[/quote]

Normandy villages and bocage sounds ideal for my ECW army!

Carl Fisher

[/quote]

Normandy villages and bocage sounds ideal for my ECW army!
[/quote]

But not mine!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Carl Fisher

Just to confirm I will be present for ECW campaign.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Mellor

I'll be down for the ECW campaign

tony

Tom G

Ben Cartwright

Hiya, I believe that we have a 2nd edition  warhammer 40k game planned. So for Ruben, my current Slaneshi army consists of...

about 48 deamonetts,
1 possessed dreadnought with blastmaster and power claw thing
1 rhino
5 bikers, two with sonic blasters, two others with doom sirens.
Chaos sorcerer with power weapon and bolt pistol
1 lord with power weapon, plasma pistol and doom siren.
6 terminators one has a doom siren, power claw, and 2nd close combat weapon, two have power fists and sonic blasters, tow have blastmasters and close combat weapons (one is a chain axe, the other a mace thingy), and the last one has a sonic blasters and chain axe.
5 chaps with blast masters
12 chaps with sonic blasters
2 chaps with doom sirens, power swords and bolt pistols
1 with doom siren, plasma pistol and power sword
6 with doom sirens, chain swords and bolt pistols
And a further 4 with chain swords and bolt pistols.
I also have a choice of two deamon princes but I think we ruled out having a big expensive lord thing.
Do what you will with that, I'll bring everything along (it's all in the same case) and I'll see you Monday! Remember that the holy number of Slanesh is 6! Sadly one of my bikers got eaten by a dog way back when... lol
A number of my guys have marks of slanesh, one for each unit of close combat chaps and one of the bikers.

I think I've included everything... feel free to set up how you like and see you Monday!

Daniel Phillips

I spoken to Mark and he'll be there for the 40k2 game.

Just to confirm-
2v2.
750 points per player.
Generals are optional (due to the small forces).
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.<br />Current games & armies played- 40K 2nd Edition: Eldar, Chaos, Orks, Imperial Guard, Space Marines. Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Mike Whitaker

We may have another 40k playing newcomer this week (LukeT) who's isn't on the forums yet.