• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

November 27, 2021, 04:47:58 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Display table

Started by Daniel Phillips, September 19, 2021, 11:36:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Phillips

At today's show we had a display table showing the range of periods, scales and rulesets we use. This generated a lot of interest and I think we should try to do this as standard, particularly at shows where there is a lot of non-gamers like the model shows and the Milton Keynes show.

Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Martin S-C

You could add some figures, units, vehicles and terrain pieces to the display as well.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Rob Farley

Quote from: Martin S-C on September 20, 2021, 12:25:29 amYou could add some figures, units, vehicles and terrain pieces to the display as well.
From the photo it looks like there's a decent section of units and vehicles already.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Tom G

Quote from: Daniel Phillips on September 19, 2021, 11:36:10 pmAt today's show we had a display table showing the range of periods, scales and rulesets we use. This generated a lot of interest and I think we should try to do this as standard, particularly at shows where there is a lot of non-gamers like the model shows and the Milton Keynes show.

I think we should as well it looks good. I might make a "scale stick" maybe in a see through case with all the scales 2mm to 54mm in a line, could even be the same model. Then we would have an emergency display.

Martin S-C

Quote from: Rob Farley on September 20, 2021, 11:42:19 amFrom the photo it looks like there's a decent section of units and vehicles already.

Yes, I hadn't realised that was what Dan had placed down. I thought it was rules and handouts only. A very nice display.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Daniel Phillips

It was Grahame who provided the miniatures and set it up. IIRC we had 2mm, 6mm, 15mm, 20mm, 28mm & 54mm with about 10 or 12 periods including land, sea and air. The only thing missing was spaceships, next time I'll bring some Full Thrust ships.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Tom G

Quote from: Daniel Phillips on September 20, 2021, 01:23:36 pmIt was Grahame who provided the miniatures and set it up. IIRC we had 2mm, 6mm, 15mm, 20mm, 28mm & 54mm with about 10 or 12 periods including land, sea and air. The only thing missing was spaceships, next time I'll bring some Full Thrust ships.

It looks good.

Andrew Riley

Agree with all the comments. Well done and good idea.