• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2022, 08:32:06 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Body parts needed!

Started by Pippa Peile, January 11, 2022, 02:25:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pippa Peile

After last nights discussions about the possibilities of an open day, i want to build some appropriate scenery for a song of ice and fire. I'm looking to build a corpse pile so if anyone has any 28mm medievalish figures or parts of figures they would be willing to donate to be corpses and body parts i would be very grateful!

Rob Farley

Most plastic kits come with plenty of spare arms and heads so you should be able to do something with those. Anything more substantial (torsos etc) may be trickier.

Maybe a mound of severed heads? Seems like the kind of thing that wildlings or white walkers would approve of.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Chris Davies

I have sprues aplenty with heads,arms with/without weapons, some skeletal torsos. Would be happy to help; what size bases do you want them on?   

Pippa Peile

Quote from: Chris Davies on January 11, 2022, 04:51:33 pmI have sprues aplenty with heads,arms with/without weapons, some skeletal torsos. Would be happy to help; what size bases do you want them on? 

Thank you that is kind. No bases needed, just bodies.
It's to make a terrain piece so i shall be putting them on a big bit of cardboard.

Pippa Peile

Quote from: Rob Farley on January 11, 2022, 04:03:31 pmMost plastic kits come with plenty of spare arms and heads so you should be able to do something with those. Anything more substantial (torsos etc) may be trickier.

Maybe a mound of severed heads? Seems like the kind of thing that wildlings or white walkers would approve of.
Not going north of the wall but i like the idea of severed heads. I'm sure Gregor would have gone in for that sort of thing!

Chris Davies

Pippa Peile

Quote from: Chris Davies on January 11, 2022, 05:50:42 pmOff sprue and painted?
Do not mind whether on or off sprue, painted or unpainted as may be fiddled with anyway to make them look suitably dead. Do not donate any good or beloved models, they may get mauled!

Chris Davies

I'll give you the sprues to play with; shall  ask Grahame to play postman? (don't know when that will be).

C

Pippa Peile

Quote from: Chris Davies on January 12, 2022, 01:25:47 pmI'll give you the sprues to play with; shall  ask Grahame to play postman? (don't know when that will be).

C
Graham-post is fine. No rush! Many thanks