• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2022, 03:58:31 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 20TH DECEMBER 2021

Started by colinabrett, December 09, 2021, 01:10:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colinabrett

December 09, 2021, 01:10:26 pm Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 02:30:50 pm by Mike Whitaker
Currently we are planning a Wings of War/Glory participation game.

WINGS OF WAR (participation): any and all
LION RAMPANT: TomG, Tony
BGME: Michael, Simon
SOMETHING DIFFERENT: Ash, Pippa

There will, however, be space and tables available if anyone wants to play something different. Please register your interest and requirements in this thread and I'll update the above list.

UPDATE: Also, pizza! Andy Miller is ordering out so we have some food on the night. He will be taking orders on the night, so please don't turn up too late.

UPDATE 16 December 2021: I have posted the latest Covid notices from the George Alcock Centre in the Members Only forum. Please check them out. This link might take you straight there:

UPDATE: as the chairman and Mrs Santa have both tested negative for COVID this morning, I am delighted to confirm there will be fresh cookies - Mrs Santa insists those are only for those who have been nice this year, though :)

https://www.peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk/forums/index.php?topic=2267.0

Martin S-C

Captain M. T. Lewis-Gunn, RFC, at your service sir!
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

colinabrett

UPDATE: Also, pizza! I believe Andy Miller is ordering out so we have some food on the night. Please indicate any preferences or requirements in the thread.

Carl Fisher

Just to let you know I will not be attending on 20th.

Best wishes to all for Christmas.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Martin S-C

For Pizza - hot & spicy - jalapenos, pepperoni, etc. What will the pizza cost be pls?
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

tony

Tom fancy a lion rampant game Swiss v Burgundians

Tom G

Quote from: tony on December 10, 2021, 04:22:04 pmTom fancy a lion rampant game Swiss v Burgundians

Yeah sure sounds good.

Andy Miller

Martin,
The pizza is Dominoes with 50% off for collection, work out what you'd like from their website.
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

MNewton

Hi I'd really like to attend, and I enjoyed my time with Wings of War last time we played so would like to join in on that. In terms of pizza, Im happy for whatever's available. Pizza is pizza.

What're the plans for payment? Are we buying our own but as a joint order or splitting cost or increased club fee to cover it all or...?
Happy to contribute :)

Andy Miller

I'll take requests on the evening and go and collect, really don't mind if people have their own individual or want to club together for a few large ones. I'll happily accept a bank transfer (acc no. available on the evening) or good old fashioned cash.
Andy
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

Grahame

Who's bringing wow stuff - I have two sets of rules plus 10 aircraft.
Grahame

Rob Farley

I've got more than enough planes for everyone, but before I commit to attending I've got something I want to discuss first.

I'm very aware that the new covid regulations mean that mask wearing is now mandatory in the community centre. But I really struggle with wearing a mask for any period of time. I couldn't make it through last night's axe throwing without needing to take a couple of breaks outside, so there's no way I could wear one for the length of a club meeting. I've always been clear with the club that if mask wearing became mandatory that would mean I couldn't attend.

After speaking to some of the guys last night they encouraged me to accept that I've got a genuine medical exemption, even if whatever's wrong with my brain has never been diagnosed.* So I plan to attend on Monday, but I won't be wearing a mask during the game. I'm fully vaccinated, and I'll have had my booster by then, plus I intend to take a lateral flow test on Monday for peace of mind. But if anyone has any objections, please say so.

*Let's face it, the NHS is stretched enough right now without adding my issues to their workload.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

tony

2 12":pizzas from papas near football ground for £10

Myk

Intend to attend! Will see nearer the time how stuffs going.

Ref Rob, no objections from me.

Myk.

Martin S-C

Quote from: tony on December 14, 2021, 08:15:08 pm2 12":pizzas from papas near football ground for £10
Regrettably Papa John's pizzas are dire. I used to get fairly regular take-aways from them but the last 2 times they have gone downhill so I suspect they are making economies in their ingredients or something :(

I have no problems with you not wearing a mask Rob but with Omicron I am re-evaluating all my social activity and may pull out of club visits and events entirely until things have calmed down again, so if I am not there on the 20th you'll all know why.
Cheers
Martin