• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

August 09, 2022, 08:44:52 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Wars of the Roses campaign 2022.

Started by Carl Fisher, December 04, 2021, 05:48:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Rob Farley on March 11, 2022, 07:55:31 pm
Quote from: Carl Fisher on March 11, 2022, 12:03:11 pm3) Any 4pt or 6pt unit of Archers can be split to 2x2pt Biddowers, not all entries include this currently, this is just an error!
Does this also apply to 4pt crossbow units?
No, Crossbows are not Archers! More importantly were not used in this way in period.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Rob Farley

Quote from: Carl Fisher on March 11, 2022, 10:19:46 pm
Quote from: Rob Farley on March 11, 2022, 07:53:31 pm
Quote from: Carl Fisher on March 11, 2022, 07:21:22 pm
Quote from: Grahame on March 11, 2022, 07:09:32 pmSorry Carl but I don't understand 1)
Grahame
There is a limit in the rulebook of 12pts or 4 units maximum of any Troop Type (including upgrades and options). This is increased to 16pts.
Presumably this is based on the original unit type from the LR rulebook? So in the Household Retinue list, Retinue Billmen and Militia Billmen would count as different unit types (Foot Serjeants and Foot Yeomen) and you could have up to 16 points of each but Militia Billmen and Mercenary Pikemen would count as the same type of unit (both Foot Yeomen) so only 16 points combined.
For the campaign the rule applies to entries in the Retinue Lists! Hope that is not too confusing. So Militia Billmen and Mercenary Pikemen are separate!
That actually makes it much more straightforward.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

AndyHawes

It is with regret that I have to pull out of the WoTR campaign. This is due to my access to my son changing - I have to have him on Mondays now so will no longer be able to attend the club for anything. Sorry about this!
Games Played and Armies owned or WIP: WAB (Arthurian Romano-British/Welsh, Early Byzantine; Late Roman, El Cid); Dux Brit (Romano-British), Dragon Rampant (Elves, Orcs, Arthurian British); Wars of the Republic (Early Republican Romans and Samnites (WIP); Late Republican Romans), Lion Rampant (Wars of the Roses (WIP), El Cid, Italo-Normans), The Men Who Would Be Kings (NW Frontier Anglo-Indians and Pathan Tribes, circa 1890, WW1Palestine/Syria/Back of Beyond British WIP); Fistful of Lead (US Cavalry and Native Americans (WIP)), WFB 4th/5th Ed (Wood Elves, Orcs & Goblins).

Carl Fisher

Quote from: AndyHawes on March 17, 2022, 07:03:03 pmIt is with regret that I have to pull out of the WoTR campaign. This is due to my access to my son changing - I have to have him on Mondays now so will no longer be able to attend the club for anything. Sorry about this!
Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to facing your newly painted force. Perhaps we could get together for a game sometime!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Miller

AndyH,
Bitter sweet news Andy. The forces De Canary will be missed. If you ever want to run them out on a different night  I can always host, similar to Carl's offer.
Andy
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

AndyHawes

Andy and Carl - yes, absolutely! I'll keep in touch and we can definitely sort a game or two out! Thank you!
Games Played and Armies owned or WIP: WAB (Arthurian Romano-British/Welsh, Early Byzantine; Late Roman, El Cid); Dux Brit (Romano-British), Dragon Rampant (Elves, Orcs, Arthurian British); Wars of the Republic (Early Republican Romans and Samnites (WIP); Late Republican Romans), Lion Rampant (Wars of the Roses (WIP), El Cid, Italo-Normans), The Men Who Would Be Kings (NW Frontier Anglo-Indians and Pathan Tribes, circa 1890, WW1Palestine/Syria/Back of Beyond British WIP); Fistful of Lead (US Cavalry and Native Americans (WIP)), WFB 4th/5th Ed (Wood Elves, Orcs & Goblins).

Carl Fisher

March 26, 2022, 10:36:26 am #51 Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 07:08:09 am by Carl Fisher
This thread has now been moved to a Sub-board for the campaign. I have now added a new thread just for sign up, please just add your name to that thread if you are interested in joining this campaign from May.

Please keep this thread for general discussions on the campaign.