• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2022, 10:06:59 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 31ST JANUARY 2022

Started by Mike Whitaker, January 17, 2022, 07:58:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

January 17, 2022, 07:58:14 pm Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:53:05 pm by Mike Whitaker
Just a note: as of this week we will have a whiteboard and pen with a list of the following two weeks games on. If you want to sign up for something at any point during the evening, just wander over and do so. I'll still run through what's on the board and add anything people suggest at 8, but don't feel you have to shout out straight away during the 8 pm meeting to join things. Info on the board will be transferred  here after the meeting

The point behind this being:
1: as we seem to be having more new members, it's not necessarily reasonable to expect that they will know exactly what they want to play, when we put them on the spot at 8 pm
2: we/I do seem to be struggling a bit with the room acoustics so this will save a bit of time.

Games

ARKHAM HORROR: Adie, Mike, Ash, Pippa
SPECTRE OPERATIONS; Colin, DanR, Jim + 3
MEN WHO WOULD BE KINGS: Grahame, AndyM + N
WARHAMMER 40k - RobF, Reuben + N
BOLT ACTION: Matt, BenG
LION RAMPANT: TomG, Tony
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Martin S-C

I'd be happy to come along and do an 18th C imagi-nations 15mm game if anyone is interested.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Martin S-C

Someone close to me has tested positive in the last few days so I will not be attending on the 31st.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Mike Whitaker

January 24, 2022, 12:29:58 pm #3 Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 09:55:52 pm by Mike Whitaker
Quote from: Martin S-C on January 24, 2022, 12:27:15 pmSomeone close to me has tested positive in the last few days so I will not be attending on the 31st.

As has AndyH's son, so his MHWBK game is also off :(

Edit: but swiftly reconvened (thanks Grahame)
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

tony

Me and Tom would like a table for lion rampant pls

DanR

I'm down for Spectre Operations

Jim Hurst

Wouldn't mind having a go at Spectre Ops if there is space?
Games: Kill Team 2, Bolt Action (late war German, British, US Airborne), 40k (Orks, Tau), Stargrave.

Rob Farley

Reuben, what points value are we aiming for on Monday?
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Reuben Turner

1500? Should get a game that size finished in time.

Rob Farley

Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

colinabrett

Quote from: Jim Hurst on January 26, 2022, 02:46:27 pmWouldn't mind having a go at Spectre Ops if there is space?

There is space for you, Jim.

Reuben Turner

Quote from: Rob Farley on January 27, 2022, 07:45:25 pmWorks for me.

Great. What army are you going to run? I'm suspecting Orks....

Rob Farley

Quote from: Reuben Turner on January 28, 2022, 11:03:12 am
Quote from: Rob Farley on January 27, 2022, 07:45:25 pmWorks for me.

Great. What army are you going to run? I'm suspecting Orks....
Probably Space Wolves. I dug up some of my old minis, not the full army that I remember but I pointed up what I found and it came to almost exactly 1500 points. So I'm probably going to side with fate on this one.

MNewton

Rob/Mike/someone with knowledge of club stock.

Could Ben and I borrow the Rumbleslam stuff please? (Is there a ring or is it just the teams?)

Looking to learn it a bit more before Robs league 😊

Rob Farley

Quote from: MNewton on January 29, 2022, 03:09:55 pmRob/Mike/someone with knowledge of club stock.

Could Ben and I borrow the Rumbleslam stuff please? (Is there a ring or is it just the teams?)

Looking to learn it a bit more before Robs league 😊
There is a ring and two basic teams, orcs and humans. Plus all the cards, tokens etc. The only thing missing is a copy of the current rulebook.

But I believe Mike still has it all at his house, so he'll need to being it in on Monday.