• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

November 15, 2019, 09:30:34 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Server Updates

Started by Mike Whitaker, February 15, 2012, 04:25:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

May 21, 2019, 10:40:15 am #60 Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 10:42:37 am by Mike Whitaker
Quote from: Rob Farley on May 21, 2019, 02:14:24 amOk, it turns out that the updated forum software is so cutting edge that SMF only have a single theme that's confirmed as compatible.

I've installed it, but I'll keep an eye out for other options.

Likewise - I'm assuming as soon as 2.1 stops being a RC loads of folks will upgrade their themes.

Those of you who like me hate light on dark, can use the theme picker (click on your username, Forum Profile -> Look and Layout, and click on 'change' to the right of Current Theme)- Curve2 is the dark on light original default.

QuoteStill need to reset the logo, not sure of the filepath on Mike's server.

Root dir is (for historical reasons) /var/www/pwc.altrion.org/forums/

Have fixed smileys, I think.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

colinabrett

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on May 21, 2019, 10:40:15 amThose of you who like me hate light on dark, can use the theme picker (click on your username, Forum Profile -> Look and Layout, and click on 'change' to the right of Current Theme)- Curve2 is the dark on light original default.

Personally, I've always liked a light-on-dark theme. I use it on all my terminal sessions on Linux. It's easier on the eyes and takes me back to the old days with VT240 and Wyse terminals which were green or amber on black. Good Times!

Colin

Rob Farley

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on May 21, 2019, 10:40:15 amThose of you who like me hate light on dark, can use the theme picker (click on your username, Forum Profile -> Look and Layout, and click on 'change' to the right of Current Theme)- Curve2 is the dark on light original default.
I turned that option on specifically because I know light on dark is an issue for some people, either aesthetically or medically.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Pippa Peile

Quote from: Rob Farley on May 21, 2019, 12:23:23 pm
I turned that option on specifically because I know light on dark is an issue for some people, either aesthetically or medically.
Thank you for that, I actually couldn't even see some of the text on the default theme. Fortunately could read enough to work out how to change it!

Pippa Peile

Other than default colour scheme, all looks good to me. Messages were better as it auto saved sent message rather than me having to tell it to.
We've even got a specific smiley for Andy Miller  :police:

Pippa Peile

And just in case there are any fellow luddites out there, I have just had to redo all my notification settings, which had all defaulted to me receiving no emails on anything.
Notifications tab is reached through your user profile. Mike or Rob will probably be able to provide better instruction if needed.

Mike Whitaker

I will be taking the website and forum down for a few minutes in the next hour or so in order to tidy up a whole mess of cables under the desk.
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Mike Whitaker

And done. Helps if you remember which of the TWO server network ports is eno1 :D

Rob Farley

There are now another couple of forum themes available for people to choose from. They're nothing particularly special but if people want a choice you've now got one.

Once again, this is every theme currently available to us on this version of the software. For a grand total of 4.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Mike Whitaker

Apologies for the site downtime overnight yesterday/today. As far as I can see, something (I suspect a misconfigured jail in fail2ban) started grabbing open file handles until the system ran out :D

I have, I believe, fixed this so it won't happen again :D