• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 17, 2021, 01:42:43 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Oundle Group?

Started by James Anderson, August 03, 2021, 12:15:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

James Anderson

Hey everyone, I really enjoyed coming tonight and meeting everyone! Someone mentioned an Oundle group of players - does anyone here have any more information on that?

Mike Whitaker

Dunno about 'group' as such, but Ash and Pippa are based out there.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Martin S-C

I think Rob Farley knows some of the members there.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Rob Farley

Quote from: Martin S-C on August 03, 2021, 11:26:46 amI think Rob Farley knows some of the members there.
I'm nowhere near Oundle, sorry.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Pippa Peile

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on August 03, 2021, 11:22:21 amDunno about 'group' as such, but Ash and Pippa are based out there.
I'm pretty sure Ash and I are the only members out this way and to the best of my knowledge there has never been a group in Oundle.
Oundle School did have a wargaming group for pupils but that closed down many years ago apparently (I tried to get them involved in Hereward Wargames Show)
Someone did try and get one up and running in Corby about 5 years ago but it folded quickly.
We have played in other groups over the years including Northampton and St Neots but Peterborough is our closest.
If you find any other wargamers in Oundle I'd be very interested to know!

James Anderson

Ah, that is good information to have, thanks! I am indeed baased in Oundle proper, maybe at some point we can do a 40k night at my place.  :cheesy:

I've got a 4' x 7' table usually reserved for D&D, but I'm happy to clear it off for 40k every now and then!

Martin S-C

When I mentioned Oundle to James on Monday I meant "out Oundle way" meaning just to the SW of Peterborough. I know there is a group out there as I recall a COVID-19 discussion with some of their members on our FaceBook page last year. I do recall they play fantasy games.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Rob Farley

There's the Phoenix gaming group in Rushden, they're in that direction out past Oundle.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Mike Whitaker

still apparently in the middle of trying to agree a set of COVID precautions with their scout hut they use to meet.

Quote from: Rob Farley on August 04, 2021, 06:05:43 pmThere's the Phoenix gaming group in Rushden, they're in that direction out past Oundle.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Martin S-C

The group I recall used a village hall.
Cheers
Martin