• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 17, 2021, 12:57:38 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

3rd Edition 40k

Started by James Anderson, July 27, 2021, 04:41:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

James Anderson

Hey everyone, I am wondering if there is anyone at the club who plays older editions of 40k? Pre-covid I had a small group (3-4) that played 3rd ed at my house, but they have since moved away. I've got most of the codexes (all but tyranids I think) and a couple copies of the 3rd ed rulebook, just wondering if there would be any interest in that sort of thing.

Grahame

Hi James - interested. I have some veteran space wolves. But I never know which edition is which so what year was it published/ what's on the cover?
Grahame

Ash p

Hi James,

I have played earlier editions but never enjoyed the latest versions as much. So much so I've just ordered the missing codexs and rule book for third.

Andy Mellor

Quote from: Ash p on July 28, 2021, 06:51:06 pmHi James,

I have played earlier editions but never enjoyed the latest versions as much. So much so I've just ordered the missing codexs and rule book for third.

Just ordered rule book, what have you started James?

Tom G

Hi James,

I still have my 3rd edition rulebook in the loft somewhere I think it's the one with the John Blanche Black Templars on the front cover.

Anyway I have quite a lot of sisters stuff painted, I imagine more than enough for 3rd. I think that's an edition where they had the mobs of Frateris Militia which I converted quite a lot of models for.

PS. I've just realised I can can use my priest with the huge chainsaw so I am very interested.

Ash p

I always wanted to do a sisters army but i don't really need another army. Ha

Rob Farley

July 28, 2021, 09:02:53 pm #6 Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 09:15:27 pm by Rob Farley
I have to admit, 3rd edition was my least favourite version of 40K. If you'd said 2nd edition I'd have been all over it.

That said, I think Tyranids was one of only 2 codexes I bought and it should be in storage somewhere. So if you're interested I could probably dig it out.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Rob Farley

p.s. The frateris militia came in with 2nd edition.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Tom G

Quote from: Rob Farley on July 28, 2021, 09:06:46 pmp.s. The frateris militia came in with 2nd edition.

Ahh nearly there.

Quote from: Ash p on July 28, 2021, 09:02:04 pmI always wanted to do a sisters army but i don't really need another army. Ha

Yeah I didn't need it but it happened somehow...