• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 17, 2021, 12:59:57 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 9TH AUGUST 2021

Started by Mike Whitaker, July 26, 2021, 05:21:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian_Barnes

I thought I put my name down for Exploit Zero last Monday. If needed I can just watch.

Andrew Riley

Hope this is not too late. Was not sure about Pikemans Lament (ie if AndyM2 was supposed to be me, I thought I might be Mark IV or V, but really prefer ANDREW).
I would like to cast an eye over Oathmark with Chris and Grahame but would prioritise making up even sides for PL.
I will bring my figures for Grahame's campaign which is Montrose so Royal-ish but happy being a sub-commander in a list of 24pts on a 6 x 4 to recap the rules.
Happy to roll with whatever fits.
ANDREW

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Andrew Riley on August 08, 2021, 09:14:00 pmHope this is not too late. Was not sure about Pikemans Lament (ie if AndyM2 was supposed to be me, I thought I might be Mark IV or V, but really prefer ANDREW).
I would like to cast an eye over Oathmark with Chris and Grahame but would prioritise making up even sides for PL.
I will bring my figures for Grahame's campaign which is Montrose so Royal-ish but happy being a sub-commander in a list of 24pts on a 6 x 4 to recap the rules.
Happy to roll with whatever fits.
ANDREW
Your OK to go with Oathmark.

As I understand the line up we have me, Martin, Andy Miller (Andy M) and Andy Mellor (Andy M2) for PL.

We have a lot of Andy/Andrews, eleven are subscribed to this forum!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Martin S-C

Everyone needs to change their name to Bruce, so there's no confusion.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Rob Farley

Everyone changing their name to Andy would probably be more straightforward. Less paperwork all round.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Chris Davies

The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.

Reuben Turner

Due to the poor weather forecast I have abandoned my previous plans for this evening so shall be attending. I'll bring some paints and sprays for you to have a look through (one a time though...).

colinabrett

Quote from: Adrian_Barnes on August 08, 2021, 07:16:46 pmI thought I put my name down for Exploit Zero last Monday. If needed I can just watch.

You're welcome to join in.
Colin

rod ward

I have managed to find some transport so I will be attending this evening happy to join in where there is a space.

James Batchelor

Colin,

I've pulled my back, so won't be in attendance tonight

Martin S-C

Some pics from last nights mayhem 1640s style with AndyM, AndyM(II) and Carl. Poor Carl's company suffered grievously, let down by his ally :(

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ola3hlkc1opufz/AAD0pn32rHttdZYy5Mjpcu6da
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Andy Mellor

Quote from: Martin S-C on August 10, 2021, 04:45:06 pmSome pics from last nights mayhem 1640s style with AndyM, AndyM(II) and Carl. Poor Carl's company suffered grievously, let down by his ally :(

Let down!! Took out the enemy's captain, routed 2 units and decimated a third, whilst holding the Parliamentary army at bay until time to withdraw. My allies massed cavalry charge killed 4-5 loose order pikemen. Don't forget a certain veteran shot unit running from a group of clubmen!

Tom G

Quote from: Andy Mellor on August 10, 2021, 09:22:11 pm
Quote from: Martin S-C on August 10, 2021, 04:45:06 pmSome pics from last nights mayhem 1640s style with AndyM, AndyM(II) and Carl. Poor Carl's company suffered grievously, let down by his ally :(

Let down!! Took out the enemy's captain, routed 2 units and decimated a third, whilst holding the Parliamentary army at bay until time to withdraw. My allies massed cavalry charge killed 4-5 loose order pikemen. Don't forget a certain veteran shot unit running from a group of clubmen!

History is written by the victors Andy.

Martin S-C

By "let down" I meant "wiped out to a man before his allied force had even moved" :D :D :D
Cheers
Martin