• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 17, 2021, 12:54:27 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 9TH AUGUST 2021

Started by Mike Whitaker, July 26, 2021, 05:21:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

July 26, 2021, 05:21:22 pm Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 03:53:50 pm by Mike Whitaker
Please let us know in advance if you plan to attend, and if you are planning on running a game.

Update (CB): Games running on 9th August

PIKEMAN'S LAMENT: Carl, AndyM, AndyM2, Martin
OATHMARK: Chris, Grahame
40K (3RD ED)): Ash, James Anderson
MYSTIC SKIES: Tom, Rob
EXPLOIT ZERO (participation): Colin, James B, Dan, Adrian, (Adding Tom Brett as a +1)
EPIC 40K: Andy Mac, Ash

No game as yet: Tony, Mike, AndyR, Rod
For those interested in Hardwired, t seems that it has been renamed to Exploit Zero. There was a legal challenge against the original title, due to an IP clash with Walter Jon Williams' book, also called Hardwired, which was a supplement for Talsorian's Cyberpunk RPG.

You can read some of the details on Todoroff's website at

https://pattodoroff.com/

Exploit Zero is available through Amazon. I might get myself a copy as the new version contains examples and clarifications.
Colin
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

colinabrett

Carl Fisher

I would like to play Pikemen's Lament, to refresh my memory, ahead of Grahame's campaign.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Martin S-C

Will be attending. Not sure what I'll be playing yet.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Andy Miller

Carl,
I'm in the same boat and would happily give you a run out at "Pikemans".
Andy
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

Martin S-C

Quote from: colinabrett on July 27, 2021, 05:55:33 amI'll definitely be there.
Do you want to do some 18th C 15mm Colin?

I expect my campaign will have generated a battle or two by then,so if suitable we could do one of those.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Grahame

Chris and I will be doing oathmark.
Grahame

colinabrett

Quote from: Martin S-C on August 01, 2021, 05:30:43 pm
Quote from: colinabrett on July 27, 2021, 05:55:33 amI'll definitely be there.
Do you want to do some 18th C 15mm Colin?

I expect my campaign will have generated a battle or two by then,so if suitable we could do one of those.

I might be running Hardwired again on the 9th. However, the following week (16th) I'd definitely have another go at KotB.

Colin

tony

Going to nip in , where's the games booked page gone

Carl Fisher

Quote from: tony on August 01, 2021, 09:44:19 pmGoing to nip in , where's the games booked page gone
This is it!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Martin S-C

August 03, 2021, 11:25:37 am #10 Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 03:47:54 pm by Martin S-C
AndyM and Carl - can I join you for some Lamenting Pikemen perhaps?
Cheers
Martin

Rob Farley

We'll need a few bits of club scenery for Mystic Skies. Namely the desert mat and a few hills.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Andy Mellor

Quote from: Martin S-C on August 03, 2021, 11:25:37 amAndyM and Carl - can I join you for some Lamenting Pikemen perhaps?

I'll give you a game if you want Martin?

Martin S-C

I was wondering if a 2v2 game might be more fun.
Cheers
Martin

James Anderson

The 40k game sadly needs to be put on hold - my entire division at work just got sent home due to two positive covid cases. I'll be out of isolation on the 13th...