• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 17, 2021, 12:44:14 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 2ND AUGUST 2021

Started by Mike Whitaker, July 12, 2021, 08:08:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

July 12, 2021, 08:08:07 pm Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 06:40:13 pm by Mike Whitaker
Please book in advance.

Games:

NEVER MIND THE BILLHOOKS: Grahame, Carl
STREET FIGHTER: Rob, Tom, +
KING OF THE BATTLEFIELD (mid 18th Century Europe): Martin, AndrewR, +
SPIRIT ISLAND: Ash, Pippa, Adie, +1
HARDWIRED: Colin, Chris, AndyM, +1-2

No game as yet: Rod, JamesA, JamesB
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

For anyone interested in Street Fighter, the rules can be downloaded from here. There's some other downloads available here.

There's room for another couple of players. Just bear in mind that this will be my first run through of the game, as the rules involve a degree of bluffing which is hard to do in a solo game.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

colinabrett

July 27, 2021, 05:54:56 am #2 Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 05:56:27 am by colinabrett Reason: Confirming attendance
I'll be there.

Anyone up for something a bit different?

I have a ruleset called Hardwired which is a near-future Cyberpunk/SF co-operative game. All the players are on the same side and work against the enemy's security forces to complete the mission and get off the table. It can be played with or without a referee (though for a first game, I'd be the ref, controlling the security guards). A simple AI set of rules guides the security forces.

Hardwired was written by Patrick Todoroff, who wrote Zona Alfa for Osprey. I've played it a couple of times and have all the figures, scenery, counters and 'trimmings'. I think I could run it for 1 - 4 players controlling 1 or 2 Operatives/Edgerunners/Shadowrunners each.

Any takers, please let me know through this thread.

Colin

Adrian_Barnes

Me, Ash and Pippa were thinking of playing Spirit Island. there will be space for one more player in it. It is a board game with some wargame aspects as you get to take part in the destruction of a large number of colonial settlers.

Pippa Peile

Quote from: colinabrett on July 27, 2021, 05:54:56 amI'll be there.

I have a ruleset called Hardwired which is a near-future Cyberpunk/SF co-operative game. All the players are on the same side and work against the enemy's security forces to complete the mission and get off the table. It can be played with or without a referee (though for a first game, I'd be the ref, controlling the security guards). A simple AI set of rules guides the security forces.

Hardwired was written by Patrick Todoroff, who wrote Zona Alfa for Osprey. I've played it a couple of times and have all the figures, scenery, counters and 'trimmings'. I think I could run it for 1 - 4 players controlling 1 or 2 Operatives/Edgerunners/Shadowrunners each.

Any takers, please let me know through this thread.

Colin
Can't do this week but would definitely like to try this sometime. We love a good co-operative ruleset!

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Pippa Peile on July 27, 2021, 04:55:19 pm
Quote from: colinabrett on July 27, 2021, 05:54:56 amI'll be there.

I have a ruleset called Hardwired which is a near-future Cyberpunk/SF co-operative game.
Colin
Can't do this week but would definitely like to try this sometime. We love a good co-operative ruleset!
I'd be up for that, again prob not next week.
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Mike Whitaker

There is a reasonable possibility I may not be around this coming Monday: as such I won't bag the slot for Chris' Oathmark game. 

Chris Davies

Anyone up for Oathmark on Monday?
C
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.

Chris Davies

The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.

colinabrett

Quote from: Chris Davies on July 30, 2021, 09:49:04 amCan I join in Hardwired?
C
Yes, of course, Chris. Glad to have you aboard for this.

Martin S-C

Hi Mike, for "King of the Battlefield" could you please also add to it "mid 18th Century Europe" as I very much doubt people know what KotB is. To be honest I'm of the old school and would rather see the historical period given rather than a title of a set of rules. Many thanks.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Chris Davies

Re: Hardwired

I have a number of figures with guns and sharp pointy things if it helps!

colinabrett

Quote from: Chris Davies on July 30, 2021, 03:06:58 pmRe: Hardwired

I have a number of figures with guns and sharp pointy things if it helps!

I have statted up 16 figures to choose from but please bring yours. The more the merrier, I think. I'll bring some blank character rosters.

Colin

Andy Miller

I'm a bit late to the game (no pun intended) but can I have a place on the "hardwired" table if possible?
Andy
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

Mike Whitaker

Make that definite - church tech call at 7:30 (because the acting vicar can't do the usual time) which is going to run on, so I will not be around anywhere near 8...

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on July 29, 2021, 09:10:55 amThere is a reasonable possibility I may not be around this coming Monday: as such I won't bag the slot for Chris' Oathmark game.