• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 17, 2021, 12:50:25 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 26TH JULY 2021 - REOPENING

Started by Mike Whitaker, July 06, 2021, 05:01:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin S-C

July 08, 2021, 01:09:39 pm #15 Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 12:15:01 pm by Martin S-C
Quote from: Carl Fisher on July 08, 2021, 08:48:05 amGiven the proposed regulations (to be finalised by Boris 12/07) do we need masks etc?
By then masks will not be compulsory, but advisory.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Andy Mellor

July 08, 2021, 04:03:29 pm #16 Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 04:05:15 pm by Andy Mellor
Quote from: Martin S-C on July 08, 2021, 01:09:39 pm
Quote from: Carl Fisher on July 08, 2021, 08:48:05 amGiven the proposed regulations (to be finalised by Boris 12/07) do we need masks etc?
By then masks will not be compulsory, but advisory. I certainly will wear one.

Apparently only responsible people need to wear masks, making most of us exempt!!!!

Otherwise Chris Whitty's advice sounds good

(i)  indoors, in any situation which is crowded, or where people are close together

(ii) if asked to by any "competent authority"

(iii) if someone else was uncomfortable, as a "common courtesy"

Doubt that the hall will be crowded but 2 or more players on the same side of the table might be getting there?

Chris Davies

" Who was that mysterious masked man?"
" That was the Lone Gamer!"
( You can hum the William Tell theme if it helps)!
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.

Carl Fisher

Perhaps a new banner is required for the entrance - not quite Boris preferred Latin, but closes.

"Lasciati Ogni Speranza Voi Ch'entrate".

Perhaps it should be the motto of Border Force!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Chris Davies

The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.

rod ward

I have manged to find transport so I will be attending on the 26th see ya all there.

Adrian_Barnes

Daniel Phillips

I'll be there.

Anyone for a game of Battletech?
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Tom G

July 12, 2021, 08:39:59 pm #23 Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 08:45:39 pm by Tom G
I'll be there.

Not sure what to do. *Edit scratch what was here previously - I have forgotten how to play and I sold the ruleset*

Andrew Riley

Please could I try 'What a Tanker' with Chris. Have not played before but watched a couple of Youtube tutorials.
With 'What a Cowboy' rumoured to be based on the same system would like to try.
Thanks
Andrew

Andrew Riley

Never Mind the Billhooks - was going to ask this question in the strange events thread but could not find it.
Battle of Empingham or Losecoat Field 1470 just north of Stamford.
Following a significant event that might have an effect on morale D10 and on a 1 those affected take of their coats and leg it.

Chris Davies

I have Russian tanks aplenty, what do you have, or shall we have a civil war? Perhaps two each?
Have only played this twice so I'm a bit of a newbie too.

Pippa Peile

July 13, 2021, 03:59:41 pm #27 Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 06:25:47 pm by Pippa Peile
Ash and i will book a table please. Will update when i know what we are bringing!

Update. Arkham Horror with Adie. Have updated the list

Martin S-C

Ooh, question - what's out legal limit on tables?

Looks like Grahame and I have one booked for some Absolute Emperor.

Might table booking need to be a thing?
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

Rob Farley

Quote from: Martin S-C on July 13, 2021, 07:12:10 pmOoh, question - what's out legal limit on tables?

Looks like Grahame and I have one booked for some Absolute Emperor.

Might table booking need to be a thing?
Table booking is a thing. That was the point of the changes to the club rules, and that's what we're doing in this thread.

Colin's report said that there's room for roughly 16 tables. We've got enough players right now for about half that. But there is no legal limit, not after the 19th.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai