• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 17, 2021, 01:07:44 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 26TH JULY 2021 - REOPENING

Started by Mike Whitaker, July 06, 2021, 05:01:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

July 06, 2021, 05:01:26 pm Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 05:18:19 pm by Mike Whitaker
We will be meeting at the George Allcock Centre, Whittlesey Road, Stanground PE2 8QS at 7pm.

As per the current club rules, we will at least to start with require advance notice of who will be attending. Please reply here or on the corresponding Facebook event if you intend to attend.

Please be aware:
- the club's scenery will NOT be all available for the first couple of weeks. If you require specific scenery for your game, please reply here to let Mike know
- as a committee, we would ask you to show courtesy to your fellow club members with regard to the current club COVID rules (http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk/club-rules/), and where possible please comply with the requests therein.

If you are interested in running a game, please also reply here.

Games:

ABSOLUTE EMPEROR (Napoleonics): Martin SC, Grahame, AndyM2, room for one
WHAT A TANKER: Chris, AndrewR
RUMBLESLAM: Rob, MikeW, room for more
BATTLETECH: Dan, TomG, room for more
ARKHAM HORROR: Ash, Pippa, Adie

Attending, no game as yet: Myk, Colin, Rod,  Reuben, AndrewB
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Martin S-C

I shall be there and can bring along some 15mm 18thC troops for a game of "King of the Battlefield"

... or, if Grahame wants to try "Absolute Emperor" would be happy to playtest those rules but I have no Napoleonic figures.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, Victorian Wars, Post-WWI what ifs, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder!

rod ward

Rob Farley

Quote from: rod ward on July 06, 2021, 05:56:58 pmdon't you mean the 26th July ?
Mike has already failed in his attempts at adding 7, and we haven't even started yet. :tongue:
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Mike Whitaker

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

colinabrett

I'll be there on 26th. I don't know what I'll be doing that night (admin or something Committee-like maybe) but, if we're keeping a list of definite attendees, then please add me to it.

Colin

Grahame

I will be there and take up Martin's suggestion and will run a first go at Absolute Emperor - 15mm Napoleonics
French vs Russians [feel free to hum the 1812 overture as we play...]. I can accommodate two more players besides Martin and myself - I will provide all the figures and scenery etc. Let me know if you want to play.
Grahame

Chris Davies

I will be there, anyone fancy What a Tanker?

C
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.

Myk

Will be there, dipping a toe!

Mike, sent you an email ref trailer, let me know if you did not get it. Please advise to as and when reqd plus any 'lugging' assistance.

Myk.

Rob Farley

I'll be there. Happy to run Rumbleslam, I can do a multiplayer game or supply rings and figures for multiple two-player games if people prefer.
Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

Andy Mellor

Quote from: Grahame on July 07, 2021, 09:04:58 amI will be there and take up Martin's suggestion and will run a first go at Absolute Emperor - 15mm Napoleonics
French vs Russians [feel free to hum the 1812 overture as we play...]. I can accommodate two more players besides Martin and myself - I will provide all the figures and scenery etc. Let me know if you want to play.
Grahame

Would it be possible to join in? Not really played 15mm Napoleonics since WRG days.

Grahame

Hi Andy - consider yourself conscripted. Any preference for side?
Grahame

Andy Mellor

Quote from: Grahame on July 07, 2021, 09:59:11 pmHi Andy - consider yourself conscripted. Any preference for side?
Grahame

Russians, please.

Carl Fisher

I too will be there. Not looking for a game, just the chance to meet up! Do we have a pickup game?

At some point I want to try out Never Mind the Billhooks, perhaps the following week. 

Given the proposed regulations (to be finalised by Boris 12/07) do we need masks etc?
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

rod ward

I need to find out if I can get transport before I can commit will find out at the week end.