• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2020, 06:02:44 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Another attempt at a campaign while the club cannot meet face to face

Started by Martin S-C, September 15, 2020, 12:40:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin S-C

Hey all

I mentioned this idea to Andrew Riley and Mike Whittaker recently over e-mails. I was going to talk about it on our Monday Zoom chat but I got involved in something else and missed the Zoom meeting.

I would be up for organizing a campaign where the battles could be resolved by small face to face private meetings in people's homes. I understand Mike has generously said that his place could be a venue but other homes are equally valid as long as we take the required precautions.

As to campaign mechanics I'm fairly open - generating some stimulating activity is the primary aim. We could use the Tinker Fox/Perfect Captain map system and rules or some other system but for me I much prefer an actual map based set up rather than something more abstract.

I am also open to period as well although my involvement would mean it would need to be historical and I generally prefer the post-gunpowder periods as opposed to ancients or medieval.

Open to suggestions.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder! Nothing after 1945.