• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

September 26, 2020, 05:23:57 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

The battle for Earith Bridge - PL

Started by Andy Miller, September 05, 2020, 05:22:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Miller

When we all get back to gaming I'm intending to put on a Pikeman's participation game. It's based on a fictional event at a real location. I'm looking for 4 players, 2 parliamentarians to defend Earith bridge(s) and 2 of the King's men to try and take it.
1643 - The eastern alliance is on the back foot. The Kings forces hold Kings Lynn and have brief control of Peterborough. Parliament have built an earthwork fortification at Earith to protect the crucial route between Huntingdon/ St Ives and Ely. You can probably work out the rest for yourself.
I'll referee with the uneven forces, there will be some subtle house rules and staggered deployments/ reinforcements. I'm more than happy to bolster any forces with extra/ specific troop types. Royalist forces will have a more or less open choice of troops, parliament will be limited by the situation.
To help with social distancing it will need an 8'x 6' table.
I'm just getting in early with the request and trying to register interest with potential commanders.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Andrew Riley

Happy to watch or fill in to make up numbers. Just visited Cromwells museum at Huntingdon ... funny how things on your doorstep get left for later. Great little place and some nice original documents.

Andy Miller

Always thought it would be great to put on a demo game there, but space is at a premium.
Interested in "Earith bridge" noted.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Martin S-C

Hi Andy

I'd be up for this. No preference as to sides. I don't go in for 350 years old politics and to me its just a wargame so no preference.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder! Nothing after 1945.