• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

August 14, 2020, 11:35:24 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

COVID-19 - Current Status of club meetings

Started by Mike Whitaker, July 30, 2020, 09:29:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

July 30, 2020, 09:29:47 am Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 09:35:47 am by Mike Whitaker
As people have been asking, and other local clubs have made the decision to reopen, herewith an update:

Currently, St. Johns are not in a position where they are willing to re-open to their hire customers (as of their last communication at the beginning of the month). They are not opening for public training courses until the beginning of September.

As and when they let us know otherwise, the committee will make a decision, based on the current Government guidelines (which seem to be covered at least in part by this document) and any restrictions St. Johns place on us, as to how we want to proceed.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Andy Miller

I think we have a problem - "At this time, venues should not permit indoor performances, including drama, comedy and music, to take place in front of a live audience."
I think my dice rolling fits into at least one of those categories !!!
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Rob Farley

Quote from: Andy Miller on July 30, 2020, 02:53:30 pmI think we have a problem - "At this time, venues should not permit indoor performances, including drama, comedy and music, to take place in front of a live audience."
I think my dice rolling fits into at least one of those categories !!!
Andy
Well, it's never seemed particularly dramatic so unless you've invested in some musical dice...
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Mike Whitaker

There are several people here whose dice rolls are definitely comedy - me and Mr Hawes for two!
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.