• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

August 14, 2020, 11:59:25 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Scourge of War: Waterloo

Started by Martin S-C, May 21, 2020, 06:58:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin S-C

Has anyone got/played this PC title? It was released by the garage company Norbsoft about 4 years ago and I'm a member of a group that has released a complete overhaul mod for it. Its Napoleonic gaming, obviously but has a couple of features unique to PC military simulations - a first person view for brigade/division/corps commanders and messages sent by horsed couriers - either to your subordinate units or to other players in MP games.

I don't know why I didn't mention this weeks ago but its a great way to enjoy some epic Napoleonic battles while in lockdown.

We usually play as a human player team vs the AI which, we usually lose! Each player takes a division with one elected as C-in-C and we observe the chain of command. We have also had some very tense player vs player games. There is no voice comms at all in our games, we play entirely in silence and use the little digital couriers to send messages and orders so the fog of war can be very dense.

The game can be bought on Steam or via the Matrix Games site:

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/scourge-of-war-waterloo
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder! Nothing after 1945.

Andrew Riley

Thanks Martin - found it - not sure how I missed it .... didn't have glasses on this time ....  hmmmm.
Looks fantastic.

Martin S-C

Among computer wargames I think its unique. The problem is the price - Norbsoft, the developer are well known for never giving offers etc... :(
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder! Nothing after 1945.