• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

May 27, 2020, 02:18:34 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY APRIL 6TH 2020

Started by Mike Whitaker, April 02, 2020, 09:45:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

April 02, 2020, 09:45:00 pm Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 11:28:50 pm by Mike Whitaker
No, you're not hallucinating :D

I will be running a video chat using Jitsi Meet from 8pm on Monday for an hour or so if anyone wants to drop in and just say hi.

You will need Chrome, Firefox or Edgium, a webcam (if you have one) and a set of headphones and a mic (the built in one on your laptop will be OK). The reason for picking Jitsi rather than Zoom is it runs in a browser window without the need to install an app, so if you're constrained to a work machine you can't install software on, you should still be able to connect :D

The meeting link will be https://meet.jit.si/PeterboroughWargamesClub

I will have the call up tonight (Thursday 2nd) from now till about 10:30pm, and Friday 9-10pm if anyone wants to test out their connection, although I may not be paying attention to the screen all the time :D
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Mike Whitaker

I'll have the video up by 9 tonight for testing, though you might see an empty office for a bit if we aren't through with supper :D
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Andrew Riley

Thanks Mike - hopefully remember to join you at 8pm Monday. Not heard of Jitsi before so interested to see how it works. Thanks

Martin S-C

I'll try and make it. Are you going to sting us for 4 quid each as well? ;)

Mike Whitaker

I'll let you off :D

Just to note that the channel will be password protected - the password is on the Members Only area of the forum, or if you still don't have access to that please PM me on FB.

Andrew Riley

Andrew Riley

Aha - thanks to Rob for helping with connection.
Thanks for organising the chat Mike - good connection from my side once I had the password.
Nice to hear about your next WW2 demo game build and Colin's growing lead mountain.
Looking forward to Martin's ECW campaign. Nice map and characters set up. Not looking forward to read how my orders will be interpreted (did I really write that!). Tabletop battle are probably going to involve some innovation but I am sure we can manage that. Maybe some updates next Monday.
Andrew

Martin S-C

Thanks for organising this Mike, it was fun to chat. I shall be back next week.