• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

March 31, 2020, 12:32:04 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Rebels and Patriots

Started by tony, March 24, 2020, 09:15:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tony

So just got the rebels and Patriots rule set, not sure weather to got ACW,AWI but will have a think will on lockdown.
Anybody played or interested in gaming it,have forces for this kind of period.Be nice to give it a go when we're back

Carl Fisher

I have not played, nor do I have forces, but think you could also explore Sharpe Practice with both ACW and AWI. 

I have often been tempted by the Perry ACW box set as a start point.

For AWI look out for Warlord special offers, they seem to be keen to sell stuff at the moment!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

tony

I bought sharpe practice at the show with tokens thinking people might be interested bu5 nobody seem to be. The Osprey games are so easy to pick up and play.

Rob Farley

I've looked at Rebels and Patriots, I was most interested in the French and Indian War. Would be happy to give it a go at some point.

As for Warlord, they've shut up shop for the duration.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Martin S-C

I have some fictional armies building up in plastic 1/72nd, generic 18th century so can be used if the scale conforms to others.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Rob Farley on March 24, 2020, 05:16:10 pmAs for Warlord, they've shut up shop for the duration.
Yes just today!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Grahame

I have rebels & patriots and stuff for French & Indian wars in 28mm and 15mm -would love to give it a go
Grahame