• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

March 31, 2020, 12:05:43 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

1645 Pikeman's Lament

Started by Grahame, March 04, 2020, 03:48:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Grahame on March 13, 2020, 10:00:13 amCampaign Scenarios - I would like to tap the collective hive mind - if you know of any actions [large or small] that could translate into a campaign scenario please point me in the right direction. You may know of skirmishes etc that happened that I've not come across or there could be scenarios in rule sets I don't have. They could even be from other periods eg some colonial fights could easily translate into a PL punch up.
I've not run out of ideas yet but it would be good to give other players a chance to be involved in scenario design and a good skill to develop if you are thinking of ever running your own campaign.
Grahame
I have all the books from Caliver if you want to borrow them?
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

tony

Well said Grahame ,the trotter debate has gone on as long as last years command shot moan 😂

Andrew Riley

As discussed at Hammerhead today, please start another thread, what great entertainment and banter. I can't wait for the next round of Landing Party v Pinickers with Traders trotting to the rescue towing a three wheeled cart.
Such fun in the pursuit of accuracy and realism.
Andrew

Grahame

As a formal campaign tracking officer progress, gaining honour etc then 1645 is postponed BUT I am going to run some PL games in the same style - scenario based and objectives to be achieved. It will be a good chance to try out versions of your proposed army list. I will post these on the Monday night games thread.
Please continue to post campaign questions/clarifications and rules queries here.
Grahame

Martin S-C

Given the halt on St John's Hall meetings, what would be the interest in a PBEM style campaign? This would not in any way replace Grahame's campsign which will I presume be played when normal service is resumed.

I have begun to dribble out some thoughts here:

http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk/forums/index.php?topic=1985.0

If the forum admins wish to move the linked thread into this (club campaigns) area, that might be better.

I am also more than happy to let anyone else umpire any campaign along similar - or indeed different - lines. I realise I'm a newbie and almost no-one knows me yet.

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Martin S-C on March 19, 2020, 09:46:41 pmIf the forum admins wish to move the linked thread into this (club campaigns) area, that might be better.

Done. Also, great idea.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.