• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

March 31, 2020, 12:28:25 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

COVID-19 - Club closing until further notice.

Started by Mike Whitaker, March 19, 2020, 09:20:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

March 19, 2020, 09:20:30 pm Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 09:22:28 pm by Mike Whitaker
After a discussion with my fellow committee members, a review of the current state of things, and following the example set by many other clubs, we are sorry to announce that the club will not continue with meetings on Mondays at present. Additionally, the Wednesday evening 'open house' I am running will stop.

Obviously we will review these decisions on a regular basis, and communicate the status of our discussions as things develop. We are hopeful that things will resume before we get too far into the summer, and as things stand we see no reason that Hereward Wargames Show will not go ahead.

We have informed St. Johns that we will be suspending our use of the building on Mondays for the immediate future.

We will keep in regular touch on the forums and our Facebook page, and would encourage everyone else to do the same. If you wish (on your own assessment of personal and familial risk and exposure to the virus), to arrange games with other members of the club, please feel free to use the Monday Night Games threads to do so.

I will shortly be announcing a Discord server available for general gaming chat, arranging games and voice/video chat if people wish to use it. (Not specifically for the club.)

Mike, not enjoying being a responsible adult.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Mike Whitaker

If members wish to borrow club scenery, please contact the committee by the usual means, as Colin and I have keys to the storeroom, and some scenery (most of the Dead's Army stuff, the bocage, and the Stalingrad buildings) currently resides at my house.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Andrew Riley

Mike - many thanks for this, good communication for us outriders.
Just a bit concerned you are being a responsible adult.
I hope it is reversible.

Andy Miller

Mike has had these symptoms before, but they are brief and he soon recovers to his normal self. (the being an adult)
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.