• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2020, 03:34:47 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 2ND MARCH 2020

Started by Mike Whitaker, February 17, 2020, 08:07:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

February 17, 2020, 08:07:21 pm Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 08:02:38 pm by Mike Whitaker
DEAD'S ARMY: Rob, Mike +
EPIC: AndyMac, Ash, Pippa, Dan
SOMETHING HISTORICAL: Gary, MartinSJ
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Gary Martin

Anyone in need of a game. Can bring both armies if you want to try it out;
Chain of Command
Bolt Action
Kings of War
Vanguard
Black Powder Napoleonic
Hail Caesar
Pike And shot
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Martin S-C

Gary, I am always up for a historical game but haven't played any of those rules. For WWII I use Command Decision and don't really like the "skirmishy" look of Bolt Action. I'm always game for some 18th century, Napoleonic or ECW though.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder! Nothing after 1945.

Gary Martin

Quote from: Martin S-C on February 22, 2020, 02:58:31 pmGary, I am always up for a historical game but haven't played any of those rules. For WWII I use Command Decision and don't really like the "skirmishy" look of Bolt Action. I'm always game for some 18th century, Napoleonic or ECW though.
Chain of command is a platoon level game but far more realistic than Bolt Action. Pike and Shotte is the rules I use for ECW or Blackpowder for Napoleonic.
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Martin S-C

In that case please bring along any of those three and I will join you if I may.
Cheers
Martin

Ne Plus Ultra - My 18thC Imagi-Nations Campaign, 1/72nd Plastics, Old School Rules

Interests: ECW, WSS, WAS, SYW, 18th C imagi-nations, WWII (Command Decision)... most other periods involving gunpowder! Nothing after 1945.

Andrew Riley

Hope to join Dead's Army this night and learn the rules.

Andy Mac

Can you please put me, Ash and Pipa down for a game of epic? There is space for one more if anyone else wants to play.

Andy Mac

Carl Fisher

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Chris Davies

I should like to join Dead's Army Captain!
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.

Daniel Phillips

What points value is the Epic game?
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Gary Martin

Quote from: Martin S-C on February 23, 2020, 11:51:33 amIn that case please bring along any of those three and I will join you if I may.
Martin Apologies but work has now got in the way. Can we put this game back to the following week?
Many thanks
Gary Martin

Martin S-C

Cheers
Martin