• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

February 19, 2020, 05:05:21 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 3RD FEBRUARY 2020

Started by Mike Whitaker, January 09, 2020, 03:37:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

January 09, 2020, 03:37:20 pm Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 02:23:11 pm by Gary Martin
LOTR: Grahame, Myk, Simon, Michael
BLACK SEAS: Mat, David
GASLANDS (participation): Rob, Chris +
REALMS OF CHAOS: Ash, Pippa, AndyMac, Colin
WARHAMMER FANTASY: Kale, Nicky (tbc)

Note: there will be an EGM at 8pm (postponed till next week, see announcement thread).
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

For Gaslands we'll need 2 4x4 tables close together, with the same colour boards on each. Sand-coloured for preference but black/grey would work just as well.

For anybody who wants to play we'll be doing "Express Delivery", one of the new scenarios from the updated rules. If you want to bring your own vehicles it's standard 50 can teams. If you don't have your own vehicles, we can provide teams for you to use.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Chris Davies

The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead.

Andrew Riley

Hope to bring a team for Gaslands. Probably Slime.
Andrew

Daniel Phillips

I'd like to join Gaslands, I'll bring vehicles but will need to recheck my upgrades etc when I get there as I don't have the new book yet.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Reuben Turner

February 03, 2020, 11:49:51 am #5 Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 01:41:10 pm by Reuben Turner
TRAFFIC NOTICE

Due to a burst water main, Bourges Boulevard is currently closed between the Queensgate roundabout and Rivergate, and is likely to stay so all day!

Mike Whitaker

EGM postponed till next week, see announcement thread
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Reuben Turner

TRAFFIC NOTICE UPDATE

Apparently Priestgate is accessible so you should be able to get past the museum and on to Cowgate. I'm in that part of town later this afternoon so will check the situation 1st hand and update.

Reuben Turner

20 minutes ago you couldn't access Priestgate from Bourges Boulevard so the only way would be through Cathedral Square, if you can even do that anymore.

Reuben Turner

Assuming that the junction from Queensgate roundabout is closed you should be able to come though Cathedral Square. Stop at the barriers on Long Causeway and use the intercom to gain access - tell them that you need to get to St John Ambulance on Cowgate.

Rob Farley

The barriers shouldn't be in operation in the evening. You should be able to get through Cathedral Square, no problem.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Ash p

Due to the uncertainty with the road closure I've decided that pippa and I will not be making the long drive in. Apologies for the lack of tin everyone can settle up next week.

Andy Mac

Just seen the traffic news and Pippa and Ash bailing out I also have made decision not to come in from Stamford. Apologies to Collin

Myk

Apologies, could not get round the maze, will not be in. See you next week.
Myk.

Rob Farley

For the record, Priestgate was open as normal. There was no reason for anyone not to come in.