• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

December 10, 2019, 08:15:12 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Club Xmas Dinner - Tues 17th Dec 2019

Started by Mike Whitaker, November 25, 2019, 11:38:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Where would you like the Xmas dinner to be this year?

Give me real ale and Thai or give me death (the Brewery Tap)!
0 (0%)
Don't mind
7 (70%)
Don't mind, but would prefer to try someplace new
1 (10%)
Anywhere as long as it's not the Tap
0 (0%)
Not going
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: December 02, 2019, 11:42:25 am

Mike Whitaker

November 25, 2019, 11:38:12 am Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:12:58 pm by Mike Whitaker
Please vote in the poll and indicate by replying if you wish to attend - as usual, significant others welcome. Poll will be closed NEXT Monday.

Venue will be the Brewery Tap, 7:30 for 8 on 17th Dec. We'll be upstairs (not in the small room), probably somewhere near the Posh Games guys who play upstairs on a Tuesday anyway :D

Cost is £25/head, £21.50 for vegetarians. Please indicate if you're the latter, as I will need to tell them in advance. Payment to either the treasurer or me on the day, please.

Set menu is here: https://www.thebrewery-tap.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2019/09/BTap-Vertical-Menu-Christmas-19.jpg
Current attendees (12):

Mike +1
AndyH
Ash, Pippa
Adrian
Gary + 1
Carl
Rod
Shawn
Daniel
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

AndyHawes

Hoping to attend this year - it's a Tuesday so my lad is at his mum's so I should be ok to come along...
WAB, Dux Brit, Dux Bell, Hail Caesar: (Caesarian Romans; Late Roman/Byzantine Arthurian Romano-British/Welsh; El Cid Christian Spanish.) 28mm Wild West (lawmen, Texas Rangers); Saga Dark Age Skirmish(Welsh and Normans); Triumph & Tragedy (WW1 Palestine & Colonial NW Frontier WIP); Tolkien-esque Elves and Orcs WIP; WFB (3rd/4th edition) High Elves WIP

Mike Whitaker

Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Pippa Peile

Carl Fisher

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

rod ward

Shawn Comer

Gary Martin

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Mike Whitaker

Daniel Phillips

Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Reuben Turner