• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

December 16, 2019, 07:33:34 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

MONDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER 2019

Started by Mike Whitaker, September 16, 2019, 08:03:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

September 16, 2019, 08:03:25 pm Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 11:45:40 am by Mike Whitaker
BOLT ACTION CAMPAIGN FINALE: Martin+
DUX BRITANNIARUM: Mike, AndyH, Colin, Carl (playtest)
SAGA: AndyM, Shawn
ARKHAM: Ash, Pippa, Adie
FREE FIRE: Rob (participation)
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

martink0646

Hi All,

Finally, the end of the odyssey ( :cheesy: ).  A tank battle, 1,500pts of armoured mayhem. I would love your force to be historical but if it isn't...meh.  However, there may be a bonus for some attempt at a historical force.

Force composition is literally 1,500pts. Period. Feel free to include as much infantry/artillery as you want but be warned, there will be no objectives. You may want infantry/artillery to attempt to kill armour cheaply. That's fine & will score heavily.

The mission will be just to destroy as many units of the opposition as possible. No vehicles are set up on the table at the start but all infantry/artillery units can set up up to 12" from your own table edge & may set up hidden. The first wave can consist of as many vehicles as you wish & there is no morale test in the first wave but there will be for any units coming in from reserve from turn 2 onwards.

You can choose when you bring units on at anytime, there are no minimums (or maximums) to the number of units in the first wave & outflank is allowed with the usual rules. Scoring will be as follows;

Destroy 10+ Armoured vehicle - 5pts

Destroy 9+ Armoured vehicle - 4pts

Destroy 8+ Armoured vehicle - 3pts

Destroy 7+ Armoured vehicle - 2pts

Destroy 6+ Armoured vehicle - 1pts

Destroy non-vehicle unit - 1pts

Destroy a vehicle with an infantry unit - 5pts

Destroy a vehicle with an artillery unit - 3pts

If you take an infantry/artillery unit it must have transport or a tow.

If you don't have 1,500pts of tanks but wish to play, let me know & I can provide a force for someone. If others are able to do the same please let us know. 

Looking forward to seeing anyone & everyone who wishes to participate & join in the killing frenzy. Have at it.

MartinK
28mm: Ready for Action - Home Guard, Brit Recon Force, US Army, US Marines, Battling Bastards of Bataan, early war French. 
28mm: In Build - 'The Eagle Has Landed' list, Brit Commandos, Captain America & the Howling Commandos
28mm: Wish List - Hungarian/Romanian army
Cruel Seas: British & German starter forces.
Wish List: Star Wars Legion box set

martink0646

I think Grahame & Chris will be there. Anyone else for the 1,500 point tank battle?
28mm: Ready for Action - Home Guard, Brit Recon Force, US Army, US Marines, Battling Bastards of Bataan, early war French. 
28mm: In Build - 'The Eagle Has Landed' list, Brit Commandos, Captain America & the Howling Commandos
28mm: Wish List - Hungarian/Romanian army
Cruel Seas: British & German starter forces.
Wish List: Star Wars Legion box set

Daniel Phillips

Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Gary Martin

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Michael

Would like to book table for 2000pts 8th ed fantasy.

Rob Farley

I'm going to have to cancel the planned Freefire game. I've not had time to get everything sorted out for it.

I can bring in Rumbleslam instead if anyone's interested?
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Tom G

Apologies for the short notice but I will not be able to play tonight although I may be able pop along later.