• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

December 15, 2019, 02:29:42 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Would Like To Play...

Started by Rob Farley, April 30, 2019, 12:08:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Farley

We had one of these threads elsewhere but it had pretty much died, so rather than move it here I thought I'd give it a fresh lease of life.

Basically, are there any games that you want to try out but you're not sure you'd have an opponent? New rulesets that you've bought or are considering buying? Old rulesets gathering dust in a cupboard somewhere? Let us know. And if anyone mentions something that you're interested in, let them know.

I have a whole list, but as I'm likely to be busy for the next six months or so I'll leave it up to you lot for now.

Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

colinabrett

I'd like to give Warlord's Beyond the Gates of Antares another try. I have basic infantry forces for two factions (enough for 3 squads each) and the Ghar battlesuits (think psycho-Gretchin in terminator armour  ;D). My long term plan is to adapt 40K armies to the Antares rules.

I'm booked up for the next couple of weeks but, if you'd like to join in, please let me know.

If you're interested, you can check out Warlord's Antares Nexus here: https://www.gatesofantares.com

Regards,
Colin

Gary Martin

Creating some Crusader/Arab medieval based for Impetus if people would like to give this a go
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

rod ward

yes sounds intresting would love to try it out

rod ward

Quote from: rod ward on August 26, 2019, 09:27:06 amyes sounds intresting would love to try it out
Creating some Crusader/Arab medieval based for Impetus if people would like to give this a go

Gary Martin

Quote from: rod ward on August 26, 2019, 09:27:06 amyes sounds intresting would love to try it out
I'll arrange something when figures complete. Grahame is also keen.
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.