• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

July 24, 2019, 01:19:02 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

THE OTHER PARTIZAN - SUN 18 AUG 2019

Started by Mike Whitaker, July 06, 2019, 05:47:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

I can't find anything in my notes as to what game we were planning on taking to the show. Any suggestions?
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

I thought we were going with Dan's "Battle of Eakring" idea?
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Daniel Phillips

I suggested that as a game to run at some point, don't think we had a confirmed date for it though.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Rob Farley

Ok, so we discussed this on Monday and we definitely don't have a game planned. Dan's idea isn't ready, we've done no planning,don't have the right minis and don't have the scenery.

Grahame had an idea for a D-Day themed commando raid. 2 tables, one with Cruel Seas and one with the actual raid. Nothing more than that planned, and Grahame won't be there for the show.

So, no plan.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Mike Whitaker

Liking that idea. Or as a Sealion game?
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Mike Whitaker

Yesterday at 03:57:46 pm #5 Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:01:00 pm by Mike Whitaker
The rest of the committee have decided (without me) that we're taking Bloody Omaha.

I'm making three or four small tweaks:

1) one last pass on the grass on the boards to fix the stuff that doesn't match
2) adding a second "Tea Break" to the deck to improve the odds of everything having a turn (as this is partly a demo of IABSM I don't want to take Tea Break out entirely)
3) adding a card and mini for Brig-Gen Cota in wave 2 (to give the players an inspirational level 4 leader to kick butts)
4) adding a card and mini (if I can find one) for Robert Capa (photographer) - he'll appear with wave 1, must make it off with wave 3 when it arrives having used actions to take photos.

Anyone willing to help out please reply below: it's Sunday 18 - there will be one space in my car, and as ever, if you're there at 9am you get in for free if you help with setup.

Carl Fisher

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!