• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 15, 2019, 08:13:13 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

St. John's closure in July

Started by Mike Whitaker, June 03, 2019, 09:08:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reuben Turner

Update regarding the St John Ambulance hall.

Unfortunately the hall is not yet ready for us to return and as of this moment (22/07) we do not know when we will be able to as we are awaiting word from the local SJA commander.

For the time being Monday night gaming will continue to be held at Mike Whitaker's premises in Werrington for which we are very greatful. Please check the Club forum Monday night games posts for details of what is running.

As soon as we know more we will post news here.

Mike Whitaker

Latest update - St J are hoping to have things sorted by Monday. Will know for certain on Friday afternoon one way or the other.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Carl Fisher

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Mike Whitaker

No response to two voicemails.
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Mike Whitaker

...or a text, which I know he read about an hour ago.

Mike Whitaker

Still no reply. Monday will be at the Mill House.

Andrew Riley

Mike - just confirming I am able to login and post a reply. Look forward to visiting when SJA is open again.

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Borneo on July 30, 2019, 10:34:28 pmMike - just confirming I am able to login and post a reply. Look forward to visiting when SJA is open again.
I'm hoping that to be next week :D

Mike Whitaker

To definitely confirm - we are at St. Johns again from TONIGHT.

Be aware that we no longer have the mezzanine room (scenery store) as our scenery is being stored in a larger outside storeroom (about 10' down from the side door we usually enter by). Also there are new restrictions on drinks + food in the building, which I'm getting a clarification on in time for 8pm.

Van will be loading around 3pm chez moi if anyone wants to drop by and lend a hand - as we don't yet know how big the van is, it may be more than one trip :D

Mike Whitaker

First van load loaded up - there will need to be a second for the last cabinet and hopefully a bunch of the stuff that lives at mine.

Unloading around 7:15-7:30 unless we get permission to do so sooner.