• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 19, 2019, 05:48:13 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

All Day Game - Battle of Marston Moor 1644 - Sunday 6 Oct 2019

Started by Gary Martin, May 26, 2019, 07:43:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grahame

the curse of predictive text - I'm not bringing improvement trays but lots of movement trays! Just to confirm -  will be bringing Leven & Baillie's commands - I also have available another 6 regts of horse if needed but no more foot.
Grahame

tony

I forgot it's my granddaughters birthday, but I can come for say an hour and a half in the morning then come back later in the afternoon.
Just means somebody else will have to take my command. Unless someone else is waiting. I don't mind paying the costs as I did say I was coming

Gary Martin

Tony
No problem. It's fine if you can't make it. I can adjust the commands.
Gary
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Gary Martin

Quote from: tony on October 04, 2019, 05:14:54 pmI forgot it's my granddaughters birthday, but I can come for say an hour and a half in the morning then come back later in the afternoon.
Just means somebody else will have to take my command. Unless someone else is waiting. I don't mind paying the costs as I did say I was coming
So I have changed Ash to Manchester's command in Parliament and Tony to the 2nd Line Horse of the Royalist Right Wing. If Tony cant make it then Carl can manage that with his Front line.
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Andy Miller

@Grahame,
Please can you bring the "improvement" trays, they might help.
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Gary Martin

Quote from: Grahame on October 03, 2019, 11:17:13 amThere doesn't seem to be any artillery in the forces listed - I have Scots frame guns etc. Do we need to bring guns?
Grahame
PS made lots improvement trays to bring
PLS any one bringing milk for coffee ?

I will be bringing a few guns for each side, which are built into the lists.
Gary Martin

Mike Whitaker

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Tom G

Sorry for the short notice but upon waking this morning I am too sick to play today which is very disappointing.

Carl Fisher

Sorry am still in bed, as not well enough.

I am really disappointed not to be there, boxes all packed! Movement trays painted.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Miller

Thanks to all involved, especially Gary. Great day and amazing to see so many toys on the table.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Grahame

A big thanks to Gary for organising this - always good to have a wargame that looks like a battle - all we needed was some powder smoke and sound effects and we could have been on Marston Moor!
Grahame

Andrew Riley

Just got back from travels and rushed to read the battle report. "Improvement trays" sound a real innovation. Is someone going to write it up with photos ? Congrats on hosting the event.
Andrew

Daniel Phillips

Really enjoyed the game. Many thanks to Gary for organising it.

Quote from: Grahame on October 07, 2019, 01:21:24 pmall we needed was some powder smoke and sound effects and we could have been on Marston Moor!
We'll have to arrange these for the next game :-)
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Daniel Phillips on October 14, 2019, 10:22:59 amReally enjoyed the game. Many thanks to Gary for organising it.

Quote from: Grahame on October 07, 2019, 01:21:24 pmall we needed was some powder smoke and sound effects and we could have been on Marston Moor!
We'll have to arrange these for the next game :-)
I remember the 'olden days' when I were a lad, and many wargamers were pipe smokers, and were always happy to provide musket smoke!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Miller

Andrew,
There are some pics on Mike's blog "Trouble at T'mill"
Andy