• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 16, 2019, 05:20:50 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

All Day Game - Battle of Marston Moor 1644 - Sunday 6 Oct 2019

Started by Gary Martin, May 26, 2019, 07:43:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rod ward

as i have said before i would love to join in on this especially after my taster game last monday so please count me in.

Mike Whitaker

I did mention this to the guys from the Huntingdon club at the show - will remind them, just in case anyone is interested.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Gary Martin

So I have the following players for next Sunday;

Royalist
Carl
Mike
Tom
Alan
Pippa
Ash
Rod
Parliament
Gary
Grahame
Dan
Tony
Shawn
Andy

Let me know if i have got it wrong
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Gary Martin

September 29, 2019, 11:36:27 am #48 Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 07:01:02 pm by Gary Martin
ROYALIST

Mike - CinC (Rupert) - 2xLifeguard Horse Regts - 2x Foot Regts(vanguard)
Carl - Byron - 1st Line Right Wg Horse - 4xHorse & 2x commanded shot
Ash - Molyneux - 2nd line Right Wg Horse - 4xHorse
Pippa - Tillier - 1st line & left half 2nd line Foot - 7x Regts Foot
Tom - Newcastle - Right half 2nd line & 3rd line Foot - 7x Regt Foot
Alan - Goring - 1st line Left Wg Horse - 4x Regt Horse & 2x Commanded shot
Rod - Lucas - 2nd Line Left Wg Horse - 4x Regt Horse

= 18 Regts Horse, 18 Regts Foot, 4 Commanded Shotte

Horse Regts = 12 figs in 2 ranks
Foot = Pike block 16 figs in 4 ranks and 2 flanks of Shotte each 12 Figs in 2 ranks
Commanded Shotte = 12 figs in 2 ranks
All should be on movement trays

I will bring my stuff and lay it out. Players can fill in gaps and also replace units with there own. I can cover about 10 Royalist Horse, 10 Foot and a couple of commanded Shotte, so will need others units. It is important that the above convention(movement trays) are used as the game may get bogged down otherwise.
Any concerns let me know. Parliament to follow shortly.

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Gary Martin

Parliament

Grahame - CinC Leven - 3rd Line - 2x Foot Regts, 6x Horse(2 Lancer)
Gary - Fairfax Right Wg Horse - 7 Horse, 1 Dragoon & 2 Commanded Shotte
Dan - Cromwell left Wg Horse - 7 Horse, 1 Dragoon & 2 Commanded Shotte
Tony - Manchester left Foot - 7 Foot Regts (1 small)
Andy - Lord Fairfax centre Foot - 6 Foot Regts(1 Large)
Shawn - Baillie right Foot - 6 Foot Regts

= 20 Horse (6 Scots), 2 Dragoon's, 4 Commanded Shotte, 21 Foot (8 Scots)

Grahame can you supply the Scots?
I can supply 2 Commanded Shotte, 10 Horse, 2 Dragoons and 10/12 foot including the large and the small regts.
Players please bring what you have to fill the gaps. Regts size, movement trays etc apply as per the Royalist. The numerical difference in numbers between Royalist and Parliament has been reduced by keeping the stats about the same ( with a few unis on either side a little better). The Royalist had more Vets, whilst Parliament had more new recruits.

Gary Martin

Carl Fisher

Gary, I can provide 3xRoyalist Horse and 2xCommanded Shot, for my command. But I do not have suitable movement trays, can you provide or do I need to order some?
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Mike Whitaker

I can provide my force. Not sure about movement trays....
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Grahame

I can provide all the scots. I can also bring movement trays for me and I have a lot more to lend - I will have a count up and let you know exactly.
Grahame
PS I hope we can assume the royalists are having their supper when we begin the attack!

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Grahame on September 30, 2019, 03:27:26 pmPS I hope we can assume the royalists are having their supper when we begin the attack!
If someone will provide the bacon butties and ale.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Grahame

I have spare 19 6x2 foot plus 20 5x4 that could be used for pike and 11 5x2 that could be used for shot if a couple of figures are parked to the rear or along side.
I will bring them along on sunday.
Grahame

Andy Miller

I'm happy to bring 2x Regt of foot (2x 12shot,16pike,12shot),
1x Regt of horse (12)
The horse are fine, but my movement trays for foot are a bit large as they are all on 25mm circular bases.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Mike Whitaker

I will open around 9 - if anyone gets there before me, don't feel you have to wait on me before opening the barrier - http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk/forums/index.php?topic=1911.0 for instructions if you know the PIN.

Shawn Comer

Gary, I am officially in. I will bring my units that I have for Pikeman's Lament if that helps, but I don't have movement trays.

Grahame

There doesn't seem to be any artillery in the forces listed - I have Scots frame guns etc. Do we need to bring guns?
Grahame
PS made lots improvement trays to bring
PLS any one bringing milk for coffee ?

Pippa Peile

We can pick up a pint of milk.
Probably going to replenish t bags and coffee as well.
We are going to nip to cash and carry on way in for tuck so might be nearer 10 when we get to club.