• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 22, 2019, 10:39:48 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

All Day Game - Battle of Marston Moor 1644 - Sunday 6 Oct 2019

Started by Gary Martin, May 26, 2019, 07:43:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Martin

May 26, 2019, 07:43:37 pm Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 02:40:05 pm by Mike Whitaker
With the interest in ECW generated by Grahame's Campaign, is there any interest  for using an all day game event to run a large relight of the Battle of Marston Moor. It's the 375 anniversary of the battle this year and ties in with the timeline of Grahame's Campaign.
There is enough figures amongst various members of the club and Pike & Shotte rules should enable a conclusion in the day. The battle is the biggest in ECW but also one of the most even at start of proceedings.It also features the great generals, Fairfax, Rupert and Cromwell.
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Mike Whitaker

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Carl Fisher

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Gary Martin

Mike What dates do we have for all day games this year
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Gary Martin

Quote from: Gary Martin on May 27, 2019, 08:23:05 amMike What dates do we have for all day games this year
Cancel I just re read the AGM Minutes. No dates planned can be booked with 2 months notice
Gary Martin

Grahame

I'm up for that - even if we can't get a date close to the actual event. I'll do the Scots!
Grahame

Gary Martin

Quote from: Grahame on May 27, 2019, 08:56:05 amI'm up for that - even if we can't get a date close to the actual event. I'll do the Scots!
Grahame
I think between us we have sufficient units for both sides. Probably want a minimum of 8 players; Rupert & Newcastle (Royalist Centre) Byron & Goring (right & left Cavalry wings)
Leven & Manchester (Parliament Centre) Fairfax & Cromwell (right & left cavalry wings)
We can add further players for Lord Fairfax and Broughton if there is enough interest.
Gary Martin

Alan P

I'm interested subject to dates re holidays etc! thanks Alan

Andy Miller

I'd be up for a game, dates etc dependent.
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Gary Martin

I'm looking at the mid - late sept on the following Sunday's 15th, 22nd or 29th. If those interested can let me know which of those dates you cannot do, I will pick the most convenient for the majority, and get the day booked. Can you also indicate your wish for side/ type; So far;
Myself - Parliament Right wing Cavalry (Tom Fairfax)
Grahame - Parliament Infantry centre (Scots - Leven)
Gary Martin

Carl Fisher

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Carl Fisher

For King, given my style of play, Prince Rupert.

Daniel Phillips

I'm up for this. Ideally for Parliament.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Alan P

29th Sept fine for me - slight preference royalist horse, BUT flexible - thanks Alan

Andy Miller

Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.