• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 17, 2021, 01:58:56 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Would Like To Play...

Started by Rob Farley, April 30, 2019, 12:08:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Farley

We had one of these threads elsewhere but it had pretty much died, so rather than move it here I thought I'd give it a fresh lease of life.

Basically, are there any games that you want to try out but you're not sure you'd have an opponent? New rulesets that you've bought or are considering buying? Old rulesets gathering dust in a cupboard somewhere? Let us know. And if anyone mentions something that you're interested in, let them know.

I have a whole list, but as I'm likely to be busy for the next six months or so I'll leave it up to you lot for now.

Current games (and armies) played: Rumbleslam, Street Fighter Miniatures, Saga, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Gaslands, Lion/Dragon Rampant, Frostgrave, Stargrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), Judge Dredd Miniatures, Mobile Frame Zero, Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Warpath

Current Projects: Various halflings, Rumbleslam wrestlers, Superheroes, Sludge Samurai

colinabrett

I'd like to give Warlord's Beyond the Gates of Antares another try. I have basic infantry forces for two factions (enough for 3 squads each) and the Ghar battlesuits (think psycho-Gretchin in terminator armour  ;D). My long term plan is to adapt 40K armies to the Antares rules.

I'm booked up for the next couple of weeks but, if you'd like to join in, please let me know.

If you're interested, you can check out Warlord's Antares Nexus here: https://www.gatesofantares.com

Regards,
Colin

Gary Martin

Creating some Crusader/Arab medieval based for Impetus if people would like to give this a go
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

rod ward

yes sounds intresting would love to try it out

rod ward

Quote from: rod ward on August 26, 2019, 09:27:06 amyes sounds intresting would love to try it out
Creating some Crusader/Arab medieval based for Impetus if people would like to give this a go

Gary Martin

Quote from: rod ward on August 26, 2019, 09:27:06 amyes sounds intresting would love to try it out
I'll arrange something when figures complete. Grahame is also keen.
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Tom G

I'll blow the cobwebs off this thread.

I would like to play Lord of the rings/hobbit who else plays?

I even have painted stuff.

Reuben Turner

Quote from: Tom G on August 13, 2021, 03:49:22 pmI'll blow the cobwebs off this thread.

Before the Covids we were getting some MESBG games going with a view to running some sort of campaign. I've got a fully painted Easterling force ready to go.

Grahame

I have dwarves and up for this at some point.
Grahame

Tom G

August 14, 2021, 01:56:58 pm #9 Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 01:59:23 pm by Tom G
Quote from: Reuben Turner on August 14, 2021, 10:58:16 am
Quote from: Tom G on August 13, 2021, 03:49:22 pmI'll blow the cobwebs off this thread.

Before the Covids we were getting some MESBG games going with a view to running some sort of campaign. I've got a fully painted Easterling force ready to go.

Oh right again that must have been when I was on hiatus, hopefully we can get in up and running again. I have good and evil so could play any army.

Quote from: Grahame on August 14, 2021, 01:19:45 pmI have dwarves and up for this at some point.
Grahame

Good my trolls like to squish dwarves.

Mike Whitaker

Bumping in case anyone wants to drop a note with interests.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Andy Miller

A billion suns was mentioned during lock down, but no-one really picked it up. I'd be interested in giving it a go?
Andy
ECW Parliamentarian armies. Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada.

tony

Anybody play A song of ice and fire, seems to be big atm events all over the uk

Chris Davies

Quote from: Andy Miller on September 28, 2021, 10:00:11 pmA billion suns was mentioned during lock down, but no-one really picked it up. I'd be interested in giving it a go?
Andy
Grahame and  have had a couple of games. Dispensed with the card  deck though!
C
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead, Vanguard undead and goblins.