• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

February 27, 2020, 07:46:22 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Intro

Started by Mike Whitaker, April 16, 2019, 04:21:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

This is a list of the clubs available (and past) show games, with one topic per game with a list of what stuff is needed etc.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Mike Whitaker

Where I have promo materials, handouts etc as downloadable items, I will link them.
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Mike Whitaker

I'm also sure there are ones I\m missing (Andy's H and M, would you like to at least write up your generic approach to MHWBK?). It also might be nice to add the ones we've had that are for various reasons not playable any more but were in some way popular.

Pippa Peile

2 recent Grahame games. The one with the pyramid and aztecs? Partizan roughly 2 years ago.
The one with frogmen trying to attach mines to hull of a ship. 3 years ago?

Daniel Phillips

April 18, 2019, 10:54:14 am #4 Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 10:57:21 am by Daniel Phillips
Napoleon's aerial invasion of England - IIRC someone said part of this (the gazebo/netting?) was damaged.
The Pyramid of Peril - the German Africa Korps versus the Undead game, the one that used a sand table with real sand.
Tintin & the Golden Temple.
The 3 part Robin Hood game.
Hunt the Tiger? (The tank game we did at the model show either last year or the year before).
The Sherlock Holmes game.

The club got rid of a lot of the terrain for the 'Escape From Atlantis' game but I inherited some of it including the boards. Don't know what happened to the figures though.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Daniel Phillips

Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Mike Whitaker

Please do feel free to add topics (or edit, if you're admin) for games you know enough about, folks. My memory only goes back so far. :D

Mike Whitaker

If you know of stuff that needs doing to a game before it can be taken out to a show again, please add to the game's thread.