June 27, 2019, 09:21:03 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

SUNDAY JUNE 2ND 2019 - D-Day 75th All Day/Posh Lard 2019

Started by Mike Whitaker, April 02, 2019, 10:19:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

April 02, 2019, 10:19:23 am Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 10:03:38 pm by Mike Whitaker
OK - who would be interested in running games for a D-Day 75th anniversary club all day event on Sunday Jun 2nd (can't do the 9th as I'm away).

I'd be happy to put on the Bloody Omaha (big IABSM) game we're taking to Salute.
I could probably cobble together another IABSM game as well (given enough folks willing to play/run) as I have plans for a Carentan-area game at Chef du Pont.
I know Gary has enough scenery to run Brecourt Manor as either Chain of Command or Bolt Action.
ISTR someone at the club has a Pegasus Bridge table, and I suspect there are other possible BA scenarios
I can ask Mark Julian if he'd be willing to run something in 6mm with the new Blitzkrieg Commander v4 rules.

Outside interest from:
- the Gravesend folks - willing to bring an 82nd Airborne Chain Of Command St Mere Eglise game
- Richard Crawley - CoC Invasion of France by Italy 1942

Thinking of making the theme 'Invasion' and have asked Andy H if he'd be free and able run a Saxon seaborne raid in Dux B
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Mike Whitaker

Having put feelers out, there's some interest in having this as Posh Lard 2019 - the Gravesend guys are up for bringing a St Mere Eglise Chain Of Command game.
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Pippa Peile

We have the 4ground Pegasus bridge model built in 15mm as well as a few other bits like a warbases Horsa. Would be very happy to lend if they are any use.  Not sure if we can make the 2nd ourselves as we had already planned to be at Games expo that weekend

Carl Fisher

Just to confirm I am interested.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Mike Whitaker

May 03, 2019, 12:05:55 pm #4 Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 09:23:24 pm by Mike Whitaker
Ok - we are GO....

Sunday June 2nd (yes, I know this clashes with the last day of UK Games Expo...), 9am-6pm (although games will probably start around 10am). We may well decamp to the Brewery Tap for some of their excellent Thai food afterwards.

The games available will be under the theme "Invasion" and are likely to be:

* Bloody Omaha (IABSM) - Peterborough (Mike) - yes, this is your chance if you missed us at Salute.
* St. Mere Eglise (CoC) - Gravesend
* Brecourt Manor (CoC) - Peterborough (Gary)
* Menton 1940 (CoC) - Richard Crawley

Admission is £5 (since this isn't a tournament and we don't have to cover prizes!), and you can sign up at http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk/tc-events/posh-lard-2019/

Reuben Turner

Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/423031805162854/

Please like, share and mark as attending if you are attending!