May 27, 2019, 10:50:15 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

"The Battle of Eakring"

Started by Daniel Phillips, March 07, 2019, 12:15:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Phillips

Something I've been thinking about for a show game-

"The Battle of Eakring"

In WWII there were deposits of high quality oil under Eakring, Caunton and Kelham Hills. In 1943 there was an oil field of around 100 wells that produced around 3.5 million barrels of oil throughout the war. Most were crewed by Americans brought in from the Oklahoma oil fields. This was all kept secret from the Germans.

But what if the secret had been leaked?

Something like the Eakring home guard and armed American oil drillers trying to hold off a Fallschirmjäger raiding force until a local armoured unit arrives?

We could use the Dead's Army buildings for Eakring, we have home guard figures already and I'm sure a few people have Fallschirmjäger. Just need to build an oil derrick or 2.

It would be ideal to do at one of the Newark shows as Eakring is very close to Newark and the American drilling crews were housed at Kelham Hall (where Hammerhead used to be).
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Mike Whitaker

This was written up as a scenario in one of the TFL summer specials, which I have a copy of if you want to nick some ideas :D
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.