• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2020, 03:51:47 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Kings of War narrative campaign

Started by Gary Martin, February 17, 2019, 11:41:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Phillips

Gary - PM'd you twice with a load of questions.

Mike/Colin/Carl - meet up on Monday to go over tactics?
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Mike Whitaker

Can I (in the fullness of time) use a Basilean list with pegasus cavalry as 'counts as' Elohi?
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Gary Martin

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on February 13, 2020, 07:12:44 pmCan I (in the fullness of time) use a Basilean list with pegasus cavalry as 'counts as' Elohi?
yes
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Mike Whitaker

Ta. Will be playing Basilean than :D
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Gary Martin

Quote from: Pippa Peile on February 12, 2020, 01:49:17 pm
Quote from: Grahame on February 11, 2020, 08:07:24 pmGary - how do the power dice translate into ordinary D6 eg how many of each symbol are there?
Grahame
Gary will have to correct me if I am wrong, but internet search says the following

Red
1-2 = blank
3-5 = 1
6 = 2

White
1 = blank
2-4 = 1
5-6 = 2

Blue
1-2 = 1
3-5 = 2
6 = 3
Each Vanguard Force has basic 3 red power dice and then add power dice according to units chosen. Eg the commander character might add a white or a blue or a couple of red. The main dice used upside of power are D8.
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Mike Whitaker

Where do I find stats for the Banner of the Griffin and the Runed Staff of Silibar?

Gary Martin

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on February 14, 2020, 11:41:15 amWhere do I find stats for the Banner of the Griffin and the Runed Staff of Silibar?
Banner of the Griffin no longer exists. The staff allows you to use each of your spells in each ranged phase. Only Danor has it and is why he has only a low spell output for each spell. The stats are on his list
Gary Martin

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Gary Martin on February 14, 2020, 11:56:11 amBanner of the Griffin no longer exists. The staff allows you to use each of your spells in each ranged phase. Only Danor has it and is why he has only a low spell output for each spell. The stats are on his list
Both are still in the BattleScribe latest Vanguard lists. But with no useful stats.

Gary Martin

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on February 14, 2020, 02:03:57 pm
Quote from: Gary Martin on February 14, 2020, 11:56:11 amBanner of the Griffin no longer exists. The staff allows you to use each of your spells in each ranged phase. Only Danor has it and is why he has only a low spell output for each spell. The stats are on his list
Both are still in the BattleScribe latest Vanguard lists. But with no useful stats.
Apologies thought you meant KoW. Both these items are in the Equipment Cards Pack, which has a number of extra items over the book. I have the cards and stats;
Staff allows you to cast same spell twice in a turn. Banner is a once a game. Basically for the rest of the round friends pass all fallback checks.
When you print out the list BattleScribe usually prints the key rules after the list.
Gary Martin

Grahame

Just got the gamers edition and started working out my empire of dust list but I can't seem to locate the meanings of the keywords e.g. Carrion,djinn,construct etc which are listed at the bottom of the unit entries.
Grahame

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Daniel Phillips on February 13, 2020, 12:33:10 pmMike/Colin/Carl - meet up on Monday to go over tactics?

Will that be before or after we fight the first battle? :D :D :D :D

Daniel Phillips

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on February 17, 2020, 10:45:15 am
Quote from: Daniel Phillips on February 13, 2020, 12:33:10 pmMike/Colin/Carl - meet up on Monday to go over tactics?

Either :-)

I have a cunning plan.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Daniel Phillips on February 17, 2020, 10:51:25 am

I have a cunning plan.

Does it involve turning up before 8pm?

Daniel Phillips

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on February 17, 2020, 10:52:38 am
Quote from: Daniel Phillips on February 17, 2020, 10:51:25 am

I have a cunning plan.

Does it involve turning up before 8pm?

I'm hoping it will, I'm not making any promises though, depends on traffic.

Gary Martin

Quote from: Grahame on February 16, 2020, 06:56:01 pmJust got the gamers edition and started working out my empire of dust list but I can't seem to locate the meanings of the keywords e.g. Carrion,djinn,construct etc which are listed at the bottom of the unit entries.
Grahame
The 3rd edition lists include a number of keywords. Some are currently active (EOD) gives inspiring to the Revenant Champion, but qualifies it with 'Revenant only'. This means its only inspiring to those with the Revenant keyword. Others have no meaning but are built in for future proofing.
Gary Martin